First of all, don't give up. There is ALWAYS time to change.
Do some serious thinking...be honest with yourself as to why the past semester went the way it did.
- Nursing isn't really your passion, you didn't want to do the work?
- Your study skills were poor....if this is the case and you really do feel like you tried as hard as you could you need to consider your study skills. Your school shoudl have resources to help you with this. Study at the same place everyday, set aside specific time to only study, etc.
- You really didn't try hard enough (or at all). If this is the case then reconsider your reasons for wanting to be a nurse. If you truly decide they are strong enough then vow to buckle down and try harder next semester!
- If you spent too much time on other commitments (work, for example). You may need to cut your hours and take loans or try to go to school part time while working....or try to get a job that allows you to study. If it was family commitments perhaps trying to do this part time might be easier as well.
- If something was psychologically upsetting to you, seek help.
- If your physical health was poor, seek help.
You can always change. Vow to do better next time and take the necessary steps to do so.
Reapply to hte program if you decide that your heart is in nursing.
And remember, you do get second chances.
But not many more than that