would you work this rotating schedule? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 22 by JBuddAsk HR for a copy of the scheduling guidelines/rules. If this is permissible, then you are stuck with it.
But there is plenty of literature that shows poor health and unsafe nursing with too frequent rotation of schedules . Pull some off the net and go to your boss with them (good old evidence based practice!)
I went to all nights/evenings to escape rotation days and nights every 2 weeks, and that was over 30 years ago. Still on nights, I'm glad to say; can't stand working days.
I've taught clinicals from time to time, and had a very difficult time switching to a day shift for that one day during the week.
- Jun 22 by PediLove2147At my old job I did Sunday and Monday night then worked Wednesday day, I only did this every other week though. I had a hard time falling asleep Tuesday night and was usually very tired on Wednesday. I was on Ambien for a while. It is doable short term, I still occasionally have a "fake day off" but I could never do it consistently again.
I wouldn't necessarily fight it but I would definitely find out how long this will last.
- Jun 23 by marydcI worked days with night rotation for years and it's tough. Typically every other weekend;nights Fri and Sat then back on days Mon. It is difficult and took it's toll on me physically and emotionally. I was a mess and it got to where I was unable to sleep day or night. I went to straight days last year and can't believe the difference in how I feel.
My advice, if you have a choice don't let this become a regular schedule.
- Jun 23 by Esme12I prefer to work straight nights...the switch back KILLS me. But yes I have worked it.
DO you finish up Wed morning or Thursday morning.
Regard;ess...you wtill have YThursday to sleep some then get up....so you are tired to go back to bed that night.
- Jun 23 by BlueDevil,DNPI would consider it for the short term, only if they were 8 hour shifts. I would not do 12 hour shifts on such a schedule. That sounds brutal.
- Jun 23 by skylarkWow, I would love that, compared to some i have worked!
I've had schedules where I do five 12 hour nights, finish Friday morning and then work a day on Saturday.
that kind of schedule is common where the roster runs over 2 weeks instead of one.
Yours sounds great, if you don't want it, can I have it please??!!
- Jun 23 by kylee_adnsMy employer does that kind of schedule for the people who work 8 hour shifts. Can you find someone to trade? Usually people at my work will just work out a trade with coworkers, so they don't have to do those sharp turn arounds.