Would you commute an hour to a job you wanted? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 11 by SubSippiI have a 45 minute commute, and you definitely get used to it. I like my job though, and I think I would get mad every time I got in the car if it was for a job I hated!
- Oct 11 by prnqdayI hate driving, especially in the rain and snow. I have a 40minute commute and that is long enough for me. I love my job so it is worth it.
- Oct 11 by 7237dallasI drive over an hour each way and have for many years. I live in a small town and you make more money in the city so I do the drive. Both nursing programs I applied to are between 45 mins to an hour away too. I don't know what I'd do if I only had a 20 minute drive! lol
- Oct 11 by KimO pedsI commuted an hour each way for about a year to a job I loved. I didn't mind the actual drive but it killed me knowing how much I was spending on gas. I also live in a town where the road was not pretty in winter (sometimes I would stay at a friends if it was really awful) I recently moved to the town I work in (shocking!) and now my commute is about 5 mins! How glorious!
- Oct 11 by xoemmylouoxI've done it in the past. I hated it, but if it was for a job I enjoyed I would consider it. Times are tough so I wouldn't be too picky.
- Oct 11 by Caribbean CharacterGet digital audio books and load them onto your MP3 player to listen to during your commute.
- Oct 11 by Student Mom to ThreeNope!! Used to do it....won't anymore. I worked 5 days per week so figured I was spending an extra 8 hours on the road that I could spend with my kidlets....or sleeping....or whatever! 8 hours per week! Extend that out over a year and it is a huge number!
I was lucky and found a job I like...that pays better and is only 20 minutes from home. It is much, much better!!