The Worst Nursing Job You Ever HadRegister Today!
- by firstyearstudent Dec 31, '09Tell us why it was so bad...
- Dec 31, '09 by firstyearstudentHeh heh. I've only been a nurse for three years. This is my first and only job and it's pretty good. Just looking for reasons to count my blessings...
- Dec 31, '09 by sharpeimomwhen i was a newlywed, i worked briefly in a homeless shelter. they were looking for someone with a msw, which they didn't get but they did get me instead. a former editor and proofreader who was a brand new nurse with a msn and very little practical experience as a nurse.
i enjoyed the listening and helping part of the job. i enjoyed the hands-on helping the clients. what i did not like were the fleas, lice, crablice, scabies, bedbugs brought in, the silverfish, roaches and other tiny livestock that came in with many clients. eventually, no matter how careful i tried to be i had brought home almost every creepy crawly that had been brought in. shudder!i'm beginning to itch just typing this.
shar pei momLast edit by sharpeimom on Dec 31, '09
- Dec 31, '09 by OrcaImmediately after I relocated I worked at a long term care facility. I was the only RN on swing shift on a 120-bed unit. The place was chronically understaffed because they underpaid people (our RNs were getting what most places paid LPNs - which explains why the job was open). I had to handle all doctor and family contacts, hand out supplies, order meds and give meds to 40+ patients (because two of the LPNS had quit). Fortunately I was out of there in about 90 days.
- Dec 31, '09 by jnrsmommyWorking at a very well known military hospital was a great learning experience, but it became unbearable due to the lack of support and team work.
- Dec 31, '09 by kitkat29I worked for a "diet and health" clinic popular in Canada and the USA. The diet basically consisted of a severely reduced calorie intake... and injections tailored to 'melt fat'. Patients were coming in and fainting on us, we werent making people feel better..we were making them feel worse. It was all about securing their money. I had to leave due to my on conscience.
- Dec 31, '09 by reddellrnI worked in a prison, need i say more? I was outta there in 2 months. No it was not the prisoners but the amt of work was unbearable.