What I Love About Nursing Is.... - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 17, '07 by rnurse2bI love the team that I work with, a fantastic group of women!
I love the kids, the chronics, the chemos, the wheezers, all of them.
I love the hugs, the toothless, drooling grins. The sticky fingers reaching out to touch me.
I love teaching the new parents when not to panic, and when to....lol
I have worked in M/S, ICU, Neuro, oncology, all over the hospital in every department, but my heart is in Pediatrics, PICU and nursery.
What I love about nursing, is being able to move around in the same hospital, working different areas, finding that one unit that you know you belong. When you find that one area that you can't wait to get to, you know you have found your niche in nursing.
- Jun 26, '07 by fronkey beanI love the fact that you can't sit still too long w/o getting left behind. What a great job when you can constantly learn something new and exciting while doing something useful and worthwhile. It keeps me on my toes all the time.
- Jul 11, '07 by SweetLadyJI'm glad I came across this thread! As a newbie to allnurses.com, I've seen mostly negative posts about being a nurse. This thread is VERY encouraging!
- Jul 11, '07 by liyah26Nursing is an area where you can learn so many things about ourselves and even with others... how does our body functions so that we can perform our daily routines in life... how does someone gets a disease or illness or even gives us knowledge how to keep us from getting a disease because we already knew the precautionary measures we have to do and thus, keeping us healthy and strong for those who cannot do it for themselves...
- Jul 13, '07 by icureuI can testify with KristyBRN. I am only a nursing student but I too have had a pt to tell me that I am an angel of mercy. I have not posted anything in a while, because I had to drop out of school for a while, due to some unforeseen circumstances. However, I have returned although I transferred to a university and seeking a BSN now.
I love nursing because I'm constantly learning more and more everyday
I'm able to share knowledge with my family and friends about their health, and to my surprise, they actually listened and apply most of the knowledge that I share with them.
I love learning from my teachers, clinical instructors, and the nurses. Their knowledge and experiences that they share only makes it that much more excited.
But most of all I love helping the pts. Even if it seems to me that I have done nothing at all. These people are genuinely grateful for what you do for them. That makes all the difference and makes it worth while for me.
By the way my new expected graduation day is May 2009.
- Jul 14, '07 by Diary/DairyI enjoy getting to meet so many different people from all walks of life!!
I enjoy doing a job that is difficult and doing it well.
I enjoy being able to talk to my mom about nursing, it has opened up a whole new side of her personality to me!
I LOVE the fact that nursing has made me capable of being independent and comfortable without having to be dependent on anyone else!!
- Jul 26, '07 by hilda_0626how your simple smile to your patient means a lot for their recovery!
- Jul 26, '07 by prmenrsI appreciate the variety of ways nurses can find to use their skills and knowledge: not just hospitals, nsg homes, etc, but in research, public health, health care business (reps and research nurses) and lots of other places.
Also, men and women can pull themselves up the profession, perhaps starting as a CNA, LPN, ADN, BSN, MSN, etc.....
- Jul 27, '07 by grantzi love nursing because i really want to help my parents co'z when they became old im sure they will suffer to different illnesses..so i take nursing so that i can care with them and of course also to other people all over the world....i love communicating personally to different people who as different attitude and belief...i love nursing also because i wanna know how our system functions.the're are many reason why i love nursing but it will be a long story..lol..anyways im a 2nd year nursing student and when im in first year i'm one listed in the DEANS list....bad english but excellent in chemistry, zoology and anatomy..
- Jul 31, '07 by bebobthefrogRNI'm a nursing student too and I will graduate May 2008. I'm so glad to see an encouraging post.
I love helping patients and touching their lives.
I love learning about the human body and teaching patients and even some of my friends.
I love learning new procedures to treat patients.
I always wanted to have a career in the medical profession and a few years ago I decided to become a nurse. I had no idea how much nurses do until I started nursing school. Now, I have 2 semesters left until I graduate and I'm so excited to become a RN. Thanks for posting the encouraging and touching stories. :smiletea2: