resumes-do you put your license number on them
- 0Jul 7, '07 by tropical boundHello,
Thank you for your advice. I have a question? Are Nurses putting their license number on their resumes? I am hearing conflicting reports. Please advise on your experience?
Thank You-Tropical Bound
- 19,131 Views
- 1Jul 7, '07 by DutchgirlRNQuote from tropical boundHello,
I have heared conflicting reports on if you should put your license number on your resume. Do you or dont you? Please advise
Thank you - Tropical Bound
Do not ever put your license number on anything. Never let anyone make a copy of your license. When you get a job then is the time to show them your license and let them get the number so they can verify your license. Protect it.
- 0Jul 7, '07 by sunflrz321I've never heard of putting your license number on your resume. I even went to a writing-a-nursing-resume workshop taught by a recruiter at our local hospital, and it wasn't on any of her sample resumes and she didn't recommend it. I didn't put my license number on my resume when I applied for several nursing jobs recently, and I was called for interviews at 5 major Chicago hospitals.
- 2Jul 7, '07 by Inquisitive oneYour license number isn't as confidential as you think. Many state BON have online sites where you can check the validity of a license just by putting in a name and your number will show up. In my state, your license expires on your birthdate and that info is also on the site. It also shows where you went to school and if any disciplinary action has been taken against you.Last edit by Inquisitive one on Jul 7, '07
- 0Jul 7, '07 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminI never include my license number on my resume. If a potential employer calls me for an interview, then that is the point when I'll readily give up the licensure information. I am simply leery about giving out information such as my license number, social security number, etc.
- 0Jul 8, '07 by P_RN Asst. AdminIn my state all you have to do is go to the Labor, Licensing and Registration Nursing page and enter as much or as little information as you know. Names, license, and home town pop right up. There's also a site where every disciplinary action is listed by first letter of last name.
I wonder if leaving it off here might seem as if you have something to hide. Now I agree with the SS#.