Nursing School 1900's Style - You Thought Your Program Was Difficult?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing School 1900's Style - You Thought Your Program Was Difficult? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Pull up a chair and have a cup of tea whilst taking a look back at what nursing education was like...by DoGoodThenGo Jun 21, '11Pull up a chair and have a cup of tea whilst taking a look back at what nursing education was like at the turn of the last century.
Remember all this would have been done wearing undergarments (including corsets) and clothing that added about ten or more pounds to your body weight.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=581873©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,895 Views
- Jun 21, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88Wowsers!!!
- Jun 21, '11 by vegasmommaWow I actually just read this for about 20 minutes...very interesting. albumin water or 1 oz champagne and cracked ice after surgery? gynecological procedures very interesting. nurses toilet kit/basket...haha!
- Jun 21, '11 by newyorkgrooveThat was like education back in our granparents' days. People would only have an "8th grade education" but if you look at what they were taught it looks like rocket science compared to what kids are expected to learn today. In a little hick town my grandmother had to learn Latin in high school. My daughter is taking honors English and all it consists of is basically reading a couple more books than regular students.
Such a shame.
- Jun 21, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNVery interesting! I'll take my program anyday.
- Jun 21, '11 by Isitpossiblewhoa..that was brutal! seem like they were housekeepers and servants..no wonder the idea still permeates..
- Jun 21, '11 by crb613WOW! Thanks for posting... I am enjoying reading this very much!
- Jun 21, '11 by live&laugh&loveVery very eye-opening!!!! I appreciate modern times!!
- Jun 21, '11 by TheLastTimeYou left out the part about walking 20 miles to work every day in the snow uphill both ways...
- Jun 21, '11 by Flo.Wow! Those nurses would freak out at my hospital; the windows don't open!