Nurses and Dream Specialty?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Nurses and Dream Specialty? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Any nurses working in their dream specialty? I know lots of nurses want to work acute care, mainly...by Juwon Oct 8, '11Any nurses working in their dream specialty? I know lots of nurses want to work acute care, mainly OB, neonatal ICU, Peds, ICU, and ER. For the nurses that are in their dream specialty, is it how you envisioned it would be?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=626531©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,825 Views
- Oct 8, '11 by babyRN.Exactly. I have the best job in the world!
- Oct 8, '11 by Ashley, PICU RNPediatric intensive care. Yes, I love it, just like I thought I would.
- Oct 8, '11 by PediNurse3I wanted to work in the PICU when I went into nursing school. When the time rolled around to start applying for jobs (last semester of nursing school), it just was not an option. I was already working as a tech in the ER, and a lot of other people were having difficulty finding jobs so I applied for their intership and was hired.
When I was offered a position in PICU at a children's hospital, I was sooo excited to be working my "dream job". The excitement was short lived though, because as it turned out, I pretty much hated it.
A lot of my nurse friends found their "dream job" wasn't as dreamy as they thought it would be. Thankfully there are many different areas in nursing to persue!
- Oct 8, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNI have absolutely no desire to work acute care---never have. I love my hospice job and I'm sometimes amazed that they actually pay me to do this. I'd say it's my dream job.
- Oct 8, '11 by CircejaneCCU. Love it. So happy.
- Oct 8, '11 by 0402Yes and no. I want to do home health or public health, but right now, I'm working in med/ surg. However, I applied to only med/ surg jobs because I felt it would give me a good foundation for what I want to do outside of the hospital. I can't really say that there is another in-hospital area that I would want to work in, except maybe ER, but I'm not that strongly drawn to it.
- Oct 8, '11 by ACaring&Sweet,RnNo, I am not working in my dream specialty yet. I hope to be someday. I have applied for the OR since 2009, to no avail. I currently work in LTC. I do have an interview Monday for med-surg. If I get this job, I am hoping that this is my chance to make it to the OR. Hopefully, someday !!
- Oct 8, '11 by JuwonQuote from ACaring&Sweet,RnWishing you luckNo, I am not working in my dream specialty yet. I hope to be someday. I have applied for the OR since 2009, to no avail. I currently work in LTC. I do have an interview Monday for med-surg. If I get this job, I am hoping that this is my chance to make it to the OR. Hopefully, someday !!
- Oct 8, '11 by emtb2rnER. Can't believe they actually pay me to do this stuff.