McDonald"S Anyone? - page 4

Just wondering about what everybody thinks about the latest "Joe Blow" suing Mickey D's for him being fat. I am sorta of the mind set that no one taped him to the bed and stuffed Big Mac's in his... Read More

  1. by   Flo1216
    Hey, why should an innocent baby suffer because the mom couldn't afford her own prenatal care? Also, if it wasn't for W.I.C...a lot of these babies wouldn't be able to eat. As far as proper medical care is concerned...a lot of people may work in the service industry and may not be offered benefits(I used to be one if them). It cost me almost $400 a month out of pocket for a lousy HMO that didn't cover anything and that was the cheapest.I had to drop it because I couldn't afford it.I then got hurt and had to go to the ER with no insurance. Should I have stayed home instead so not to piss anyone off? Are you really saying that a mother who loves her child but cannot afford healthcare should give the child away? I wish we could reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies too , but it's not gonna happen, unfortunately. There are too many different religions, cultural beliefs and education levels out there and people will do what they will do. As for public assistance, although it may be abused...there are MANY people who do not abuse it and who have fallen on hard times and really need it.
  2. by   Flo1216
    I like those little packets that they put in shoes and purses that say " do not eat". It never occured to me to eat them and I assume that anyone who would consider eating them can't read anyway.
  3. by   nursedawn67
    Originally posted by URSULA


    I think you could sue liptons if your teeth were stained, sue victorias secret because you suffered severe discomfort with that thong up your crack,

    Thanks for the laughs.

    LOL :roll :chuckle
  4. by   nursedawn67
    Originally posted by Rustyhammer
    One of my (many) pet peeves are the warning stickers that manufacturers place on everything to keep from getting sued.
    My Brother had a stroller that said "Do NOT fold up this stroller with baby inside! May cause harm to baby"
    There are many others...maybe a new thread?
    -Russell

    Whats that song? Here's your sign...Where's your sign? Goes right along with this. :chuckle
  5. by   nursedawn67
    Originally posted by Flo1216
    Hey, why should an innocent baby suffer because the mom couldn't afford her own prenatal care? Also, if it wasn't for W.I.C...a lot of these babies wouldn't be able to eat. As far as proper medical care is concerned...a lot of people may work in the service industry and may not be offered benefits(I used to be one if them). It cost me almost $400 a month out of pocket for a lousy HMO that didn't cover anything and that was the cheapest.I had to drop it because I couldn't afford it.I then got hurt and had to go to the ER with no insurance. Should I have stayed home instead so not to piss anyone off? Are you really saying that a mother who loves her child but cannot afford healthcare should give the child away? I wish we could reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies too , but it's not gonna happen, unfortunately. There are too many different religions, cultural beliefs and education levels out there and people will do what they will do. As for public assistance, although it may be abused...there are MANY people who do not abuse it and who have fallen on hard times and really need it.


    YOu are right that it isn't the childs fault...or if there is no insurance offered...but in equal rights I'm tired of hearing stupid reasons. Such as a 17 year old saying "I didn't know I could get pregnant on the first time" What they thought all the stuff taught in public, school, by peers and parents/adults was just scare tactics, no it's pure EXCUSES to get the blame off of them. Or The guy that smokes and acts like he lived in a sealed plastic bubble and never ever has heard that it is dangerous to your health and now is blaming the cigarette companies...gimme a break you did it it's your fault suck it up and try to make it beter.

    I'm sorry do I sound bitter?!?!?!
  6. by   shay
    Welp, all I know is, when I couldn't afford to have kids, I either plain old didn't have sex or used 3 kinds of birth control at once.

    I think people need to plan pregnancies, not just get preggers 'because they're emotionally ready' and then expect the taxpayers to foot the bill.

    If I'm going to be robbed by the government and forced to pay for someone else's careless judgement, I'd much rather pay for a tubal ligation, a vasectomy, or birth control.

    I find it interesting that I managed to control my hormonal urges and do things like NOT HAVE SEX and USE MORE THAN ONE BC METHOD when I wasn't ready to have a kid, but other folks seem to think this is asking too much. I also find it interesting that if I was stupid enough to smoke, I wouldn't go whining about it to the government like someone held a gun to my head and MADE me light up all those years.

    My opinion. Don't care if you don't like it.
    Last edit by shay on Aug 16, '02
  7. by   shay
    BTW, this week alone I have taken care of 2 15 y.o.'s in labor, and last week we had 2 crack babies. I have also had my share of 'loving moms' in labor who were 17, 18 y.o. having their 3rd kid. Do I think they should give the kid up for adoption? You bet your butt I do. If you can't afford kids, DON'T HAVE THEM, and don't engage in activity that leads to them. Simple as that.

    Their care will be paid for compliments of ME and all the other responsible taxpayers out there.
  8. by   pickledpepperRN
    YOU are responsible to educate yourself in what you partake in. can i get an amen???????? [/B][/QUOTE]

    AMEN! My Lord, I heard on a radio talk show (so it must be true?) that one of the plaintifs is a "male nurse".
    I really do like those yogurt parfaits! Probably not low fat yogurt, just delicious.

    PS:
    I saw different menus at the Oklahoma Mc Donalds when I was there last month.
    I ate burgers my uncle and cousin grilled with thick home-grown tomato and bermuda onion slices.
    Anyone else heard the song with the line, "There's only two things money can't buy:

    TRUE LOVE AND HOME GROWN TOMATOS!
  9. by   Stargazer
    Originally posted by shay
    If you can't afford kids, DON'T HAVE THEM, and don't engage in activity that leads to them. Simple as that.

    Their care will be paid for compliments of ME and all the other responsible taxpayers out there.
    While I certainly don't disagree with this, wouldn't it be helpful to have actual, real-world sex education taught in schools, complete with BC options, rather than NO sex ed, or classes where abstinence is the only BC method taught?

    Could go a long way towards educating some of these teenage girls who honestly think they can't get preganant the first time, or whatever other misinformation they pass around amongst themselves.
  10. by   Whisper
    I wonder if I could have a case against macdonalds?? I used to work there part time, and we weren't allowed to bring our own food onto the premise, we were 'given' meals, upto a large UK meal, which is the same size as a US regular meal.

    It was amazing how much weight I lost!! All I ever 'ate' was diet coke, I got sick of eating the same rubbish, especailly as I had seen how some of the morons cooked it. Plus when you have to clean the kitchen and the freezer it kinds of puts you off eating it.
    But then of course I quit, and I started eating fast food again, I think I should sue them for not being more flexiable so that I could have rotated my McD shifts with my nursing school shifts???

    I still can't drink the milkshakes though....
  11. by   shay
    Originally posted by Stargazer
    While I certainly don't disagree with this, wouldn't it be helpful to have actual, real-world sex education taught in schools, complete with BC options, rather than NO sex ed, or classes where abstinence is the only BC method taught?

    Could go a long way towards educating some of these teenage girls who honestly think they can't get preganant the first time, or whatever other misinformation they pass around amongst themselves.
    I totally and fully support this idea, and have, in fact, considered teaching sex ed myself. One major problem I have with the conservative party is the whole 'teach abstinence' movement. Give me a small frickin' break. Like that will ever work. Let's teach them how to drive, but not how to use the brake pedal or seatbelt, then....

    Also, it needs to be taught when kids are 8 or 9 years old. NOT THE SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. My sex ed class was senior year. I was the only virgin in class, and there were 2 pregnant girls in there.
  12. by   pkmom
    Originally posted by shay

    Also, it needs to be taught when kids are 8 or 9 years old. NOT THE SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. My sex ed class was senior year. I was the only virgin in class, and there were 2 pregnant girls in there.
    UH-HUH. I had a friend ask me our senior year if she should use two condoms since one isn't perfect. She laughed when I told her to keep her pants on and she would be just fine, but I guess she wanted to be a mother before she was a legal adult.

    My sex ed was very short and didn't give much info. I think if we taught more about the technical stuff, not just about diseases and pregnancy, the curiousity would be lower and maybe they wouldn't want to jump into it so fast. Let's give a good anatomy lesson and teach what sex is....the same friend asked me what happened after "he puts it in...is that it?"
  13. by   LasVegasRN
    My sex ed class was taught by Sister Mary Paulissa who had to be 85 at that time. I have no recollection of what we talked about.

close