I must make a confession
- 9Jan 31, '13 by abbakingThis is something that is so dumb and so stupid, but I must confess this because it is eating me up inside.
The other night at work (1800-0700), I was so massively busy I didnt have time to get my dinner from the cafeteria. I am a big boy, and I must eat something or I will feel light headed and dizzy. I went into a patients orders, made a food request, and then picked up the food from the tray line, and chowed down in the break room.
Yes, I know it was dumb and wrong. I was very very hungry and I needed to eat.
Thats all I have to say
- 7Jan 31, '13 by Flarewell, i can't say i ever did that, but i have taken completely untouched food off of nonresponsive patients trays before so it didn't go to waste, but that was only if it wasn't an isolation patient or if it never made it to the patient or was sealed (you know, common sense type moves). I would feel badly if a patient would get charged for a meal that i would have eaten if the billing was set up like that, but you already said you know it was dumb and wrong, so i'll spare you a lecture.Last edit by Flare on Jan 31, '13
- 4Jan 31, '13 by hopefulwhoopI thought this was kinda funny. Not laughing AT you though! When I read the title, I thought it was going to be some crazy, off-the-wall confession, so I guess I was also partly relieved that it was just about food. Still wrong, but you already know that. I recommend packing snacks for shifts like those!
- 5Jan 31, '13 by GrnTea, BSN, MSN, RNWhen I worked in a big city hospital we often had visitors who had no money and even slept on the floor next to the patients (and yes, this was in the US). If we had NPO patients we always ordered extra trays for them and gave them to the families.
And I've been known to take an unwanted oatmeal or piece of toast from time to time.
- 14Jan 31, '13 by PediLove2147Quote from NurseadamHey I do it when we're not super busy! Buying ginger ale is a waste of MY money! Haha. Their ice cream isn't bad either..lol, that was funny. i drink juice and eat pudding from the pantry when i'm super hungry and we're busy, so don't beat yourself for it.
It's not patient specific though and I feel like the hospital owes me at least a ginger ale with all cut backs they make that effect nurses.