Have you all read this? Help find this nurse!!Register Today!
- by nursingal32 Oct 4This melted my heart when I read it. I was just trying to get the word out. Nursing is such an amazing and rewarding career. This nurse deserves to know she is still thought of after all this time!!
- Oct 4 by Esme12She took Talitha down to the nursery and rocked her and rocked her and
rocked her, massaging and rubbing her hands the whole time. She was finally
able to get them warm and pliable enough to open. After what seemed like an
eternity, she came back with these prints for me.
I don’t remember her name. I’ve never been able to thank her other than at
the moment she brought the papers to me, but I often wish I could. I know
that cradling a stranger’s dead newborn certainly was not what she had been
planning on doing when she got out of bed that morning, and I am
tremendously grateful for the time and effort she took to give me such a
It is the best birthday gift I’ve ever gotten, especially on someone else’s
So wherever you are, young nurse with the brown hair who was working at
Shannon Hospital in San Angelo, Texas around lunchtime on Thursday,
September 30, 1999, thank you. You gave my baby an hour or so of your time.
And through that act, you gave me a lifetime of memories.
- Oct 4 by thenursemandyWhen my son laid in my arms dying after being removed from life-support, I was grateful that I had a kind, empathetic nurse. Her gentle yet stoic nature was forever burned into my memory. I could never be a peds nurse. They endure seeing innocent children suffer and die on a regular basis. Thank God for Peds nurses.
- Oct 5 by Bortaz, RNGreat story.
- Oct 5 by thenursemandyQuote from tokmomThat made me cry. Once for the nurse who did such a special thing and for the mother who lost her baby.
Yes, the public does need to see what we do. Nursing isn't Grey's Anatomy.
....although I totally LOVE Grey's. But you're right. The general public doesn't realize the deep, emotional aspects of nursing. In a way I'm glad they don't.....that means they haven't NEEDED us yet.