Fear of Zombies - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 10, '09 by PAROPPYI had just finished playing the Mercy Hospital map on Left for Dead and imagine my surprise when I logged on and saw this post. No worries, the recently deceased will never jump out of bed and attack you but sometimes the expired do make funny noises whe you start doing post mortem care which can be frightening. I'm more afraid of.... paperwork... dun dun dun.
- Dec 10, '09 by leslie :-DQuote from toomuchrockprobably not.Am I completely alone in my fear of zombies as a nurse?
for awhile, i was terrified of zombies, i.e., coming back from the dead.
i had pronounced a pt, with the pt's dtr present.
as we were quietly talking, the (deceased) pt opened her eyes and took a huge breath simultaneously.
being the professional that i am, i jumped through the ceiling...
then scurried out of the room to get my cn.
cn enters the room and says "yes, _________ is dead"...
to which i reply as i hung onto the back of her shirt, "don't be so sure".
well, this time, pt really was dead.
but for the longest, LONGEST time, i was afraid of dead people.
i really hope this doesn't happen to you, op.
it was horrifying.
- Dec 10, '09 by 1TachyRNDon't ever see the movie "28 Days Later" then....
- Dec 10, '09 by 12hourswhat a nut job...
- Dec 10, '09 by ohmeowzer RNit's not the dead you have to be afraid of .. it's the living.... and just wear your running shoes to work.. you can outrun a zombie easily.. their limbs keep falling off and they have to keep picking up their arms and hands.. by the time the pick up their hand you will be in the parking lot...lol
- Dec 10, '09 by Chewie_123My shift developed a Zombie Action Plan (ZAP!!!) during an incredibly rare quiet night last week. My melee weapon if choice was the top of a two hook IV pole. Ranged weapon: O2 tank rocket. The whole thing got disturbingly detailed, really... :uhoh21: