Cocaine Toothache Drops - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 23 by GrnTeaNigh onto many decades ago we had little 5cc screw-top glass vials of 100% pure medical grade cocaine in the ICU for nasal intubation-- we put sterile Q-tips in it, then anesthesia jammed them up in the nose for elective intubations. Never reused a Q-tip, new ones only if more was needed.
We were SUPPOSED to discard the leftovers ... but you know, if you let it evaporate ...
- Jan 23 by CheesePotatoIncidentally, cocaine is still sold over the counter in the U.S. And my teeth feel just fine, thank you. Coincidence? Perhaps.
- Jan 24 by merleeYes, liquid cocaine is still out there. Some years ago it was used to stop a bad nosebleed that my son had.
And my favorite story about paregoric -- More than 50 years ago, one of my mom's good friends told everyone that she gave her kids some paregoric any time they (the parents) were going out for an evening. That way, the kids would sleep better, and the babysitter would keep coming back.
And they survived!
- Jan 24 by dah doh@GrnTea: Yup, we used to keep the coke in the pyxis for nasal intubation. I think we stopped that about 7 years ago when we stopped routinely intubating nasally. We still use it for ENT procedures, But it cracks me up that the cocaine comes from pharmacy.
- Jan 24 by xandarosaI heard Coke is the only company in the US to legal be able to bring cocaine into the country. Which they then sell to the phamaceutical companies.
- Jan 24 by flexisealI've seen liquid cocaine, as recently as last year, in a hospital setting. I don't remember why it was used.
- Jan 24 by nrsang97Yes we have liquid cocaine in our pyxis too. It is used for stopping nosebleeds.