New grad position in S. Florida??? - page 2
by jmi0886 10,612 Views | 28 Comments
Why are there no new graduate positions!!! a million job openings not one new graduate opening:crying2: work so hard to get thru a BSN program, graduate top of your class and no one will take you....its so sad many of us are in... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '11 by nursejossyLee Memorial Health System in Ft Myers has New Grad programs!! They only hire once a month from the 1st till the 5th. If you look at website during that window you will see posting. Now it is very competitive, they get TONS of applicants, but at least they are hiring!!. I start in October!
- 1Oct 2, '11 by ZooMommyRNQuote from PneumothoraxTry Promedica out of Toledo OH, Allegiance out of Jackson MI (I have to cancel my interview for them and decline the position) and University of Michigan both hospitals, I put out a few apps and resumes on a saturday and started getting calls by Monday, within 2 weeks I landed my dream job at UofM, they are opening a new hospital, C.S. Motts and Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital alot of the unit managers are posting jobs a few at a time until full. It opens phase 1 in Nov and then phase 2 for some units January, I start orientation Nov 28th. http://umjobs.org/search promedica & Allegiance will come up in google, also there are others in Toledo OH and Ann Arbor that aren't affiliated with a huge organization, just google map hospitals.try applying to ORMC or Tampa General They have new grad programs/residencies. ive come to the fact that im gonna have to pick up my roots and move if i want a job. im in IL now, and was thinking about moving back to FL, but im not so sure anymore..
- 0Jun 3, '12 by A~L~BHi PrincessO, I'm a May 2012 grad, licensed since May 18th. I have applied to many, many positions with no luck. The only response I get is an email explaining that they have "gone with someone more qualified". This weekend I decided that I might as well start applying at LTC and see if I get anything. I know that the census is low in the summer. Even when I was doing my last clinical rotation in April there were nurses being called off for low census. I have been hired at an immunization clinic that begins in August. For now I will try to be patient....
- 0Jun 9, '12 by PrincessOHi A~L~B, I graduated in March and liscensed in April. I have been getting the same response when filling out apps online. I recently got hired Per Diem in LTC and will be starting at the immunization clinic in August as well. Have you applied to any of the new grad programs? I applied to a few, but haven't herd anything yet. Keep me posted on your job hunt. Take Care.
- 0Jun 11, '12 by A~L~BI have applied to a couple of the new grad programs with no response. It is very discouraging but I also know that it will take time. Tenet doesn't even change the status or send an email to let you know that you aren't being considered I just got PALS and ACLS certifications to make myself more marketable.
- 0Jun 11, '12 by NewGoalRNHow was your ACLS and PALS classes? Did you do them over one day? Did you have to study from the book a month in advance? Please if you don't mind share your experiences.
Everyone that I have talked to said getting additional certifications make you more marketable so don't give up.