Registration TyposRegister Today!
- by ~*Stargazer*~ Jan 7Okay, this is a spin off on the triage complaint thread. You know how sometimes when the registration clerks enter the chief complaint or diagnosis into the EMR, they sometimes goof up? What are some funny ones that come to mind?
Recently, I saw "tarombocytopenis" instead of thrombocytopenia.
- Jan 7 by ergoddessNot necessarily a typo, but nuisance: our system had a 'cc list' with just about everything under the sun, but they free text EVERYTHING just so as not to manually select multiple complaints. LaZy!
- Jan 8 by sserrn^^omg....just got it!! ;-P
- Jan 8 by psu_213"Can't move bowls"
"Gonged arm" (the patient had very sloppy hand writing and it she wrote 'gouged'...plus it was typed in by a registration clerk whose first language was not English)
Not sure if this was a typo or how the person actually wrote down their CC before registration entered it: "lump in vain"
"Siddle stick injury" (should have been needle stick)
- Jan 9 by N1colinaOkay, this is not a complaint but this thread reminded me of it and had to share:
There was a mother that named her baby, "Dinasty" pronounced like the word, "Dynasty" but the reason she named her kid that was "because we was doin da nasty when we made her" cracks me up every time!!
- Jan 9 by BelgianRN"PEP", so i figured hmmm profylaxis. Turns out it stands for "poepen en pech" which is Dutch for "unfortunate sex", the guy had an STD. Or when the patients talk too much some secretaries summ it up to "sick". Also had "ITP (no clue what this is...)". Or "secretive patient".