SCRIPPS New Grad Program August 2012 - page 2
by AlliCat23 48,102 Views | 213 Comments
Hey all! I wanted to start this thread for those of us that applied to Scripps New Grad Program for August 2012. I uploaded my app and finished the Talentmine appraisal on Monday, May 14, at 2 pm. I hear that the first 500... Read More
- 0May 17, '12 by Britt7I'll play while we wait...
2) No paid experience
4) BSN December 2011
5) NKU 3.92
6) Southern Orange County.....is that close enough?
7) I forget the breakdown exactly but it seemed fairly even across the board. Lol hopefully that doesn't mean I don't have the strengths they are looking for
8) No interview emails....I submitted the application on Monday late morning but I don't know if it was before noon! Hopefully they will consider the first 500 qualified applicants (like meeting the requirement of graduating within the last year or have taken a refresher, etc)
- 0May 17, '12 by iridium54Hey guys,
Did you address your letter "Dear Talent Manager"? I just called and asked for a specific name to address it to and that's what I was told. :/ I've done some Internet research and found a bunch of different "talent Managers," as well as a "Director of Talent Management."
I think my chances are slim to none at this point, but I figured any little detail can help! Thanks!
- 0May 17, '12 by kv07I wasn't sure, so if anyone could help me out....does Scripps offer their program in Pediatrics/NICU too?? I know that on their New Grad website they list that new graduate nursing positions are offered in Medical/Surgical, Definitive Observation/Telemetry, Oncology, and Cardiac Care...just didn't know if this involved pediatrics.
- 0May 17, '12 by Catzilla1) external candidate
2) 10 years exp in health care
4) ADN this month
6) California-not SD
7) Almost exactly the same as the OP
8) Not yet
For those of you interested in your TalentMine data: you can log back in to retrieve it.
--Applied early Tuesday morningLast edit by Catzilla on May 17, '12 : Reason: Added info and emoticon.
- 0May 18, '12 by BooBear03061) "external" candidate,
2) 2 internships (both unpaid, 1 at Scripps Memorial)
4) BSN and December 2011
5) School anGPA (if comfortable): 3.7
7) talent mine:
I submitted my app by 10:30am on Monday and haven't heard anything yet.
Under current stage it says, "submission received."
- 0May 18, '12 by AlliCat23Hi Boobear0306~
Thanks for letting us know the status of your application-as of 2 pm: Fri, May 18th. Mine still says "submission received" as of Fri, May 18th, too. I heard that some people who applied on Monday (Nov 7, 2011) for the last cohort, started receiving emails on Thursday (Nov. 10th), even before the posting was withdrawn on Friday.
Guess we just need to put it in the hands of God, and quit stressing. Interview emails should sart going out over the next 2 weeks.
Best of luck to all!
P.S. Anybody posting here that also applied to Sharp's July or August NG Program? Any luck? If so, what was the interview like? ANything you care to share?
- 0May 18, '12 by CorianderMy profile still says "submission received", too.
I did apply and interview for Sharp, but found out this morning that I wasn't accepted. They had to reduce the number of positions. Bummed, but ONWARDS!
The interview itself was brief, and the questions were general, split between clinical questions and situational. I was nervous but comfortable at the same time, if that makes sense. LOL