Just in time for the holidays

Nurses General Nursing

Published

My PRN employer just announced they are eliminating several positions within our hospital. These are roles that will impact the whole hospital during a time when the staffing crisis is causing serious patient care issues. To top it off they are also cutting their shift incentives to come in on your days off. :banghead: I wish them luck on their current path of destruction. We are relying more and more on agency and "visa" nurses (their reference not mine). Pretty soon there will be just as many of them as actual staff..

This current plan cements the continued exodus of good, longtime staff.

Of course there are no management positions being impacted by the current plan.. They are all safe and sound.. It's unbelievable. Thankfully I saw the writing on the wall some time ago and found a different full time job. Now it looks like I'll be looking for a new PRN job as well. Who wants to work for a company like that?

All changes take effect 1/1/19..

Specializes in Dialysis.

So many are going this route, and they will end up like the hospital in PA whose staff and patients turned them in for unsafe staffing and practices. I pray for the patients who are going to be subjected to this crap, no matter what facility location they are at!

Specializes in OR, Nursing Professional Development.
So many are going this route, and they will end up like the hospital in PA whose staff and patients turned them in for unsafe staffing and practices. I pray for the patients who are going to be subjected to this crap, no matter what facility location they are at!

Either that, or they're preparing for closure. We just had a hospital around here do that.

Either that, or they're preparing for closure. We just had a hospital around here do that.

Oh no.. They are expanding like crazy. They are "teaming up with" and buying out all of the other local competition.. It's absurd considering they can't manage what they have now. :sarcastic:

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

Oh no.. They are expanding like crazy. They are "teaming up with" and buying out all of the other local competition.. It's absurd considering they can't manage what they have now. :sarcastic:

This gets the same result as closing a facility; and suddenly, they're the only game in town.

My employer had layoffs in early November this year and early November last year ...two weeks notice, right before the holidays, two years in a row. Other staff were given big raises. The timing could be better for the first group!

Specializes in OR, Nursing Professional Development.

The one that closed here was bought by a large conglomerate just months prior to closing.

+ Add a Comment