Situational Trauma

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I know I couldn't handle it.

Went out one year. That was it for me. Between the crowds and the merchandise piled very high in the aisles, it was pretty darn scary. Might have needed EMS in case of trampling or avalanche of television boxes. I prefer my shopping from the safety of my couch.;)

Did BF only once. More than enough.

Anyway, the best gift, IMO, is money - it is good for birthdays, graduations, weddings, Christmas, etc.

That way, the person can buy what he/she wants.

One year, long ago, I worked retail. I had not really gotten the hang of the registers in Training. The line was backed up as far as the eye could see. I quit after one shift. Half LOL.

I felt so sorry for those people. I called the boss to come help me. She opened up another line for a few minutes and we got the line cleared out.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
Yep, worked retail at Christmas before

I did retail for lots of years.

Yep. I've worked retail

I worked in retail in college.

One year, long ago, I worked retail.

Actually, after high school, I worked retail at a department store.

But that job was basically like a favorite line of mine from the movie "Wonder Boys":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27955[/ATTACH]

Yep. I've worked retail (Walmart and Dollar Tree) during the holidays before and it was horrible. You wouldn't believe how many people do their Christmas shopping at the Dollar Tree.

I would.

A lot of people are down on their luck.

Specializes in Critical Care.

I stay away from crowded malls. I give money to the kids and for the rest usually find something unique from eBay or Etsy looking for vintage, antique or artsy things that me and my loved ones will enjoy. I once bought a hand-painted impasto pink rose painting from a lady in Greece on eBay. Also got a cute forget me knot artwork from the same person on Etsy. She was on both sites and the transactions went smoothly. Only one time did I have a problem with a purchase on eBay, the seller sent me the wrong Bronnsillon plate, but I was able to return it and get my money back thanks to eBay and while the seller said they no longer had the one I wanted I was able to find it thru another seller for less money shortly after.

I don't shop department stores much anymore. My hang out is usually the local independent garden centers which have gifts and houseplants offseason. One is known for its Christmas collection of ornaments and gifts.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
I stay away from crowded malls.

My hang out is usually the local independent garden centers which have gifts and houseplants off season.

I don't know Brandy.

I've been to independent garden centers, heard and seen some drama, radical behavior, and name-calling at these also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27966[/ATTACH]

+ Add a Comment