Lack of Manners

Specialties School

Published

I was sitting here at my desk and a second grader walks in (without knocking) and shoves her arm in my face and just says "Rash"! Then just stands there staring at me. :no:

I politely asked her to leave and try that again. Honestly, sometimes I wonder about some of these kids.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
There are many ways in which you could not feel good. In what way are you feeling not good, Child?

Once I get an answer as to what's bothering them I'll follow it up with asking them - "why?" Many times they'll tell me and it has nothing to do with illness.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
There are many ways in which you could not feel good. In what way are you feeling not good, Child?

Totally stealing that.

Specializes in School nursing.

I just love the student that enters, hands me a pass and just says "I need an ice pack" and stares at me.

I blink and say "why" and 9/10 it is for a reason that does not need an ice pack, yet if I do not give an ice pack and it is a certain student, those students will just keeping coming back and teacher will let them until I give them an ice pack, which UGH.

Totally stealing that.

Consider it yours!

The high school students staring when I want them to go away drives me nutsy.

"I'm sick"

"What kind of sick"

"my nose is running and I'm sneezing ALL the time"

"Ohhh...that stinks. Sounds like you have a common cold. Lots of people have them. There's nothing we can really do except wait for our immune system to kick it out. We can't give cold medicine here but maybe your family can give you come before school"

"..."

stares in disbelief

"..."

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"I have to blow my nose in class!"

"Yeah, it's not fun. We all do it though. It's part of life"

"..."

stares

"..."

"I can't fix it.

*sigh, stomp away*

Specializes in school nursing.
The high school students staring when I want them to go away drives me nutsy.

"I'm sick"

"What kind of sick"

"my nose is running and I'm sneezing ALL the time"

"Ohhh...that stinks. Sounds like you have a common cold. Lots of people have them. There's nothing we can really do except wait for our immune system to kick it out. We can't give cold medicine here but maybe your family can give you come before school"

"..."

stares in disbelief

"..."

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"I have to blow my nose in class!"

"Yeah, it's not fun. We all do it though. It's part of life"

"..."

stares

"..."

"I can't fix it.

*sigh, stomp away*

Those blank stares KILL me.

Those blank stares KILL me.

The BETRAYAL! They can't believe I would really send them away without magically fixing every discomfort.

+ Add a Comment