Board hearing

Nurses Recovery

Published

How long did it take before you heard anything from board. I was fired for diverting meds in Sept. I have entered monitoring on my own. I have recieved letters from attorney general and know they have investigated. Just looking for some others experiences with this.

Holy cow!!! So i could be half way done with my rma before ever appearing before them...i wonder if they would take that into consideration. Did you work in the mean time. Were you trying to get reinstated or was that just for a complaint

I was told the longer the sobriety you have before the hearing the better... so it's kind of good to have to wait.

Specializes in Med/Surg & Psych.

Im in indiana too but its been 2 months and i havent heard anything. I was told it could be 3-6 months by my case manager. Im hoping its sooner rather than later. I just want to start moving forward. Do you know of any other indiana nurses and how long it took them? I tried to go to a nurse support group tonight so i could get some insight on others experiences...but no one showed up...im going to try a different one friday.

I was in peer assistance program and when the board got to me they ordered me to complete the program I was already in. Total of 5 years of monitoring.

Thanks for the info. Thats what im hoping for. Did you work in during the wait. I want to get a job..i dont have the narcotic stip yet but i want to get a job where i wouldnt deal with them anyway so that it wouldnt become an issue.

Specializes in Med/Surg & Psych.
Im in indiana too but its been 2 months and i havent heard anything. I was told it could be 3-6 months by my case manager. Im hoping its sooner rather than later. I just want to start moving forward. Do you know of any other indiana nurses and how long it took them? I tried to go to a nurse support group tonight so i could get some insight on others experiences...but no one showed up...im going to try a different one friday.

There are 2 nursing groups I've went to and liked. Not sure where you're located but there is one on Friday at 1pm at IU/Methodist hospital and Monday at 6pm at Carvel Club off 46th street right past the fairgrounds.

It is usually a good turn out and I've had a lot of questions answered there.

I actually went in front of the board before enrolling in INPRP (it was actually ISNAP at the time) so maybe because you have already started that could be the reason for the delay. Which I think will help you. Since I didn't enroll before they suspended my license for 90 days! that sucked!

Good luck!

Im on the southside of indy. I went to Carvel Club last night but no one showed...but im going to check out the one at methodist on friday. Thanks for the info!

On 11/12/2018 at 7:24 PM, Rdsrn said:

How long did it take before you heard anything from board. I was fired for diverting meds in Sept. I have entered monitoring on my own. I have recieved letters from attorney general and know they have investigated. Just looking for some others experiences with this.

What did you do about the letters from the AG? Did you answer? Report that you were in Monitoring? I’m so confused by this whole process.

It took 3 1/2 years to get a certified letter from the MS BON after I self reported. I don’t like the recovery program here. I tried my best to get in but never heard back from them. So now I have a settlement conference on Oct 8th. The discipline I get will be public since I’m not already in a program. I’m ready to see what they’re going to tell me to do. I pray it’s just monitoring. I have a good job at a LTC game facility where I’m an infection control nurse.

How did you hear from the attorney general? They called me , left a voice mail and never called back - that was this past May

+ Add a Comment