Vaccine schedules got me like:

Specialties School

Published

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Had a kiddo (we'll call her "Tula") that was missing their MCV4 vaccine. Contacted parents. Parents got vaccine and returned proof last week (it didn't take them a century to get it done either!) and Tula was good to go! Just ran another vaccine report to watch my list get smaller. It didn't (yay new students!). But guess who is back on my list showing delinquent for a different vaccine? Yep. Little Tula. Why is she showing delinquent now? Because the 5 year mark for her Td vaccine just passed. Which happened to be 2 days after her parents had her in the pedi office for the other vaccine I said she was delinquent on.

They're going to love me. I'm just sure of it! :blink::blink::blink:

Nooooooo!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Not your fault.

If the parents had taken her to a provider that looked holistically at all things that are needed instead of the one thing that is asked for...

Aw, who am I kidding? Even if it's a holistic provider, an odd shot gets missed.

Specializes in School Nursing.

I do my best to make sure my 11 year olds get these shots before they even leave my school.. hopefully it'll help a middle school nurse along the way!

Hep A shots are the bane of my existence!

Specializes in School nursing.

I am so glad Hep A and MCV4 are not required, just recommended right now in my state. But I suspect that may change.

Right now the tdap is the bane my existence.

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.

I am hitting the send button on a group email to 17 families excluding their child after next Friday. I have sent out half a dozen similar emails with no response from these parents, as well as reminders for MCV4 last Spring and one at the beginning of this year. There are going to be upset parents come November 11. My survey is due November 15.

Specializes in School Nursing, Pediatrics.

I cant believe how many doctors offices DO NOT look at the vaccine schedules, but will give "not scheduled" or optional vaccines, but ignore the ones needed for school! I sent a student to get MMRV, DTAP and IPV, and they came back getting FLU shot and the HPV vaccine only!! CRAZY!!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.
There are going to be upset parents come November 11. My survey is due November 15.

Stay strong, Mr.Nurse. Stay strong. They've had three dadgum months (plus summer). You are generous.

+ Add a Comment