failed Nclex

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Hi every body, I failed Nclex 3 times and I live in Florida, many people have advised me to take it next time by NY or another state that has more chances before doing the remedial , but my question is if I go there by the time I go to do the endorsement for Florida I will not have a copy of my remedy course?

thank

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Moved to the NCLEX forum

I thought if you failed 3 times you were ineligible to sit for the NCLEX again without remediation. You can try to take it for another state but you graduated in Florida and the school still has to be notified when you apply. Sounds like you are trying to get around the rules. Pretty unethical way to start your career. Also if you failed 3 times, I'm sorry but you NEED remediation.

I don't think you're being unethical. You're being resourceful. That being said, a remedial course may very well benefit you and increase your odds of passing the exam. Statistically, your odds of success go down with each failure ...so testing a bunch of times is not necessarily a good strategy.

If you do venture to test in another state and plan to apply back to Florida by endorsement, you'll want to be very sure about what their "application by endorsement" requirements are. It's not always as simple as getting licensed in another state.

Good luck to you.

thank you I appreciate your comment

Before taking an exam for licensing in another state also be sure to look up what licensing requirements are in each state. For example, NY requires your nursing education in addition to a child abuse identification and infection control class. You can find these classes on the NY licensing website and can go to in person or online classes but they are paid by the individual.

Specializes in Rehab & Psych.

Hi,

I passed the NCLEX on my 4th try. Take the remedial course. It should help. I

had a CD with 4000 questions and did 100 a day (with rationales). I was

advised to do no more than that because the brain cannot absorb anymore

than that. When I finished the CD I was ready. That's how I did it. This is in

New Hampshire. Good Luck! Oh the CD came from the Saunders NCLEX book.

Specializes in Hospice,LTC,Pacu,Regulatory,Operating room.

I think you need to look at the areas you failed and then go to a great review course kaplan ect. dont focus on taking the exam so quickly focus on why you failed and work on your weak areas.

+ Add a Comment