Ew...3 people

Nursing Students CNA/MA

Published

I don't want three people on the floor

i want two

let me explain. Months ago a coworker of mine quit leaving a max of one person per hall. Recently a new hire working 12 hours ( I think) was added on night shift leaving 3 people per hall

why do I not like it? Its not going to last, and I don't want to get comfy with 3 people

am i weird? Do you think like this

Oh shoot not two per hall one per hall

My bad

Yes you're weird. If nothing else think of this new hire who may desperately need the job!

Specializes in retired LTC.

Weird? Yes! Enjoy it while you can!

Just think ahead to summer vacations when you'll be down again.

Weird? Yes! Enjoy it while you can!

Just think ahead to summer vacations when you'll be down again.

I like the enjoyment, but having that enjoyment snatched away mercilessly Is something I can do without

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
why do I not like it? Its not going to last, and I don't want to get comfy with 3 people

At Wrongway Regional Medical Center, we know when some surveying or benefiting agency is due to make an appearance:

We have adequate staff on the floor.

At Wrongway Regional Medical Center, we know when some surveying or benefiting agency is due to make an appearance:

We have adequate staff on the floor.

So you know what I mean?

Are you in charge of hiring practices? Who knows whats going on, in the meantime, enjoy the help.

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.

I don't think you're weird, I just think you come across as the type of person who will complain about every single thing and also expects praises for every single thing.

I don't think you're weird, I just think you come across as the type of person who will complain about every single thing and also expects praises for every single thing.

Isn't this a place where I can safely vent my frustrations. I know I whine a lot here, but that's kinda the point of venting.

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.
Isn't this a place where I can safely vent my frustrations. I know I whine a lot here, but that's kinda the point of venting.

You can "vent" all you want, that doesn't mean people are going to agree, are going to respond a certain way, or are going to coddle you. Plus even if you're just coming here to vent and, as you said, "whine a lot here," hopefully you can learn something from those who respond.

Specializes in Perioperative / RN Circulator.

As an aide (mental health / CNA) - I'll take the extra help any time I can get it. I don't care if it's for a shift or a year.

+ Add a Comment