Just got accepted......Now the nerves!!!

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

On Friday I got the call from the nursing program that I applied to. I got in!!!!! I really couldn't believe that because I did get a C in A & P 1 and my Teas score was ok. I was having doubts about getting in because I don't have any medical background of any kind. The nerves are kicking in now. There's so much going on in my head like I am a single mom have 2 kids and the sole provider, I work full time (part-time is not an realistic option for me). I feel like my work schedule might help me in the long run. I'm happy and nervous. Can you guys give me some encouragement if possible!!!

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
On Friday I got the call from the nursing program that I applied to. I got in!!!!! I really couldn't believe that because I did get a C in A & P 1 and my Teas score was ok. I was having doubts about getting in because I don't have any medical background of any kind. The nerves are kicking in now. There's so much going on in my head like I am a single mom have 2 kids and the sole provider, I work full time (part-time is not an realistic option for me). I feel like my work schedule might help me in the long run. I'm happy and nervous. Can you guys give me some encouragement if possible!!!

Congratulations on getting into your program! You can use this time before your program starts to come up with a plan for handling your new responsibilities, but I'm sure you can do it! I'm wishing you the best.

Congratulations on getting into your program! You can use this time before your program starts to come up with a plan for handling your new responsibilities, but I'm sure you can do it! I'm wishing you the best.

Thank you

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was just accepted into an ADN program for Fall 2018, and like you I am happy and nervous. I am a single mom of one, he is 16, and I work full-time as well. Good Luck :) I am pulling for you :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was just accepted into an ADN program for Fall 2018, and like you I am happy and nervous. I am a single mom of one, he is 16, and I work full-time as well. Good Luck :) I am pulling for you :)

Yayyy!! Congratulations to you too. Good Luck

Specializes in Critical care.

Congratulations for being accepted to your nursing program. The next couples of years will be hard, but you CAN definitely do it. It will not be easy, but with commitment and determination, you will be successful. I am also working full-time and studying part time for my master. Unlike you, I am just a single guy with no family obligation yet. But working full-time and going to school part-time take a lot of my time too. I wish you the best in your career as a nurse, and keep fighting until you have the title RN behind your name.

Cheers!

Youngman RN

I was accepted too and so nervous and excited. I have 4 children from 6 - 14. All eyes are on me so I don't want to fail. If I can do this, you can do this too!! Best of luck to you!!!

I was accepted too and so nervous and excited. I have 4 children from 6 - 14. All eyes are on me so I don't want to fail. If I can do this, you can do this too!! Best of luck to you!!!

****!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm rooting for you!!!

As the mother of two children, may I suggest...Start cutting your expenses NOW! Do you start in the fall? Pretend you start today, and save all that extra money. Stop getting coffee, stop going out to eat, stop spending gas money to shuttle other people's kids around. It may only be a few hundred bucks, but it will come in handy. Trust me. Also, CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off!

All your experiences with your kids, being a single mom, and working full time will surely help you

be the best nurse you can possibly be. Remember why you are going through this program and what it will

do to you and your family's future.

Your kids are blessed to have you as their mom! Way to gooooo!!!

+ Add a Comment