UT Health Pacesetter BSN Fall 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

I haven't seen a topic for the UT Health Fall 2018 program, so here it is!

I am applying for the fall with following stats:

Prereq GPA 3.65

Science GPA 4.00

HESI (just took it last Friday):

Reading 90

Vocab 92

Grammar 84

Math 96

AP 100

I am making a career shift with a BS in Chemistry that I got from UH Downtown.

Good luck everyone!

Wow, well that's kind of discouraging. I guess it's just a GPA numbers game then? Hmm...

Yes it really is!

Wow, well that's kind of discouraging. I guess it's just a GPA numbers game then? Hmm...

Tell me about it! I have a BS in Chemistry and I am an EMT, on top of that I have great GPA and a 92.4 on HESI. That wasn't enough to get in! lol

Wow. That's insane! I'm going to apply, but now I feel like I probably don't even have a chance. I wish they would disclose what their entire selection process consists of.

I wish they would disclose what their entire selection process consists of.

Yes, me too. Their selection process is very obscure and I wish it was more transparent. Also, some constructive feedback about why I was not selected would be priceless.

I'm going to apply, but now I feel like I probably don't even have a chance.

You should definitely apply! How do you stats look like? Did you do well on HESI?

When I applied for fall my starts were 87.2 overall for hesi with 92 in A&P. My overall gpa is 3.63 and my pre-requisite is 3.66 and my science is 3.42. I got waitlisted. I feel like if your stats are over the mininmum requirement then you should apply! Also you should try to send in your application as soon as it opens. Don't wait until it closes! I don't have a pervious bachelors or any kind of certification. Just go for it and be optimistic.

I'm about to take the HESI today, so I'll have to report back!

I have 4.0s for my bachelors and master's degrees. But should I be calculating my GPA for the UT program pre reqs only and be going by that?

I'm about to finish up AP I with a B. I will be taking the rest of the science pre-reqs (chem, ap II, & micro) in summer II and the fall.

Ok. So it sounds like I need to up my science GPA in that case. Do they only calculate your science GPA based on the science courses that are pre-reqs? Or on any science courses you've ever taken?

Ok. So it sounds like I need to up my science GPA in that case. Do they only calculate your science GPA based on the science courses that are pre-reqs? Or on any science courses you've ever taken?

You need to calculate the GPA for the nursing prerequisite and the gpa for science. Those are what count most. They also want a high score on the A&P section of the hesi

Thank you! I'm in the middle of AP I right now, so hoping that I've gained enough knowledge to do decently on that portion, but who knows. I'm going to apply to Lonestar's ADN program as a backup plan though...was hoping Lonestar would have already had their BSN program up and running by now, but I emailed them a few months ago and they said they still don't have a date for when they will start their first BSN class. Other than that, I guess I will keep taking the pre-reqs over the next year for UTMB's PA program as another option.

Hi. Did you get accepted to UT health for Fall 2018?

Also here are my stats

Overall GPA 3.0 (Bachelor's in Public Health)

Science GPA 3.5

HESI Overall 90.29

-Reading 92

-Grammar 90

-Vocab 92

-English 91

-A&P 88

-Math 90

Hi. I was wondering if you get accepted to Ut health for Fall 2018?

Specializes in OB Nursing.

I know this thread is probably pretty dormant, but was wondering if any current students would mind providing a little insight on your weekly schedule (time wise)? A few of us are discussing which program would be best and this information would be huge in making the correct decision.

Just mainly curious what days/times are you in class/lab/clinical?

+ Add a Comment