Fall 2018 Miami Dade College

Nursing Students School Programs

Updated:   Published

Starting this thread for anyone that have questions or concerns about the 2018 fall nursing program at Miami Dade College. I have a 4.0 science gpa and studying to take the hesi by the end of February. I also plan on applying for the generic full time as well as the accelerated program because I'm not sure which one I want yet. I already have a bachelors from FIU and I literally started all the prerequisites the summer of 2017. If anywho took those sequences can you please share your stories? Pro and con.. And also what is the hesi like!

Hey! I too went to FIU and graduated in psychology while completing the nursing pre-reqs. Was your Intro to Healthcare class accepted by MDC? I'm taking a mini-term in march with the lecture and the lab because the credits I took at FIU weren't accepted.

No, I actually never had the chance to take any science classes at fiu because I graduated with a finance degree. I did take intro to health care fall 2017 at Miami Dade. Super easy if you have the right professor! I had a lady name dr. Russo .. she's awesome!

Cant wait to start!

That's awesome, I regret not taking my science pre-reqs at MDC, I have a 3.3 science gpa from FIU so I really have to score above a 90 on the Hesi. Do you have any suggestions on preparing for the exam? I'm using pocket prep and Elsevier Hesi A2 practice

I'm doing the same here! I'm studying the pocket prep as well as the elsevier book fourth edition. You should also look into hesi A2 in quizlet. They have some helpful tips on there also.

Hello! I too am applying for this fall! I've scheduled my HESI for February 28 and I'm beyond stressed out! I currently have a 3.5 science GPA My grades are

A&P 1-C (Long story =/) Lab-A

A&P 2-A Lab-A

Chem-A Lab-A

Currently taking my last pre reqs (Mac1105, HSC0003L, and Microbiology). If I end with an A in micro then I would finish with a 3.6 science GPA. I have to get above 75 on the HESI to have above an 80 Competitive score. I plan on applying for the full time generic and part time. Hopefully I get in one of them. =)

I'm sure you'll get in and have a great score on the hesi! Your work load this semester is a bit heavy so I can totally understand where you're coming from with stress! Best of luck on taking it this month

Yes, and I also work and have 4 boys ages 12,10,8, and 4.......SO STRESSED! But I try to stay positive, when there's a will, there's a way =)

You definitely got this! What study materials have you been using? I've read from past nursing students at Miami Dade that the pocket prep app, and the elsevier hesi admission assessment exam review 3rd or 4th edition is very helpful.

Hey I am also applying for MDC fall

2018. I have a 3.2 gpa and I scored an 88 on the Hesi. I am applying to the Generic and Acclerated program

How was the hesi? I'm so nervous..I take mine on March 9th and been studying everything to the point that my brain just hurts

+ Add a Comment