may you help me

Nursing Students SRNA

Published

hi every body,

i'm working in AICU

i have general diploma

i want to apply for anesthesia nurse

i want to know what are the requirement for my study.

Specializes in Critical Care, ED, Cath lab, CTPAC,Trauma.

Thread moved for better response.

Specializes in Anesthesia.

I think google can help you. If you are too lazy to research the requirements yourself, you are probably too lazy for a career in nurse anesthesia.

Specializes in Cardiac, ICU.

CABGx4, that is a pretty rude response. To the OP: there are many discussions on here about the requirements for CRNA school. Maybe start by reading them, researching on Google, and posting again with a more specific question.

I don't think that was very appropriate, unprofessional, and extremely unneccesary

I know you have to have at least 1 year of ICU experience and score very proficient on the GRE. You will have to check with the schools of your choice for other requirements

Specializes in Hospice/Infusion.
I think google can help you. If you are too lazy to research the requirements yourself, you are probably too lazy for a career in nurse anesthesia.

Who peed in your Cheerios? Sheesh

Specializes in Anesthesia.

Hmmm.. A sensitive bunch. All I'm saying is a lil initiative can go a long way. Anesthetists are not the kind of folks who need spoon fed information. If your really interested, pm me and I'll help you out:)

Specializes in Critical Care, ED, Cath lab, CTPAC,Trauma.

While I agree Google can be helpful.....we can also help someone who is looking to enter a speciality area of our profession.

OP I see that you are in a RN to BSN bridge. After you graduate and pass NCLEX you need to get experience as a RN 1-2 years and have a critical care speciality for approximately 2 years. Then you will have to get letters of recommondations and apply for post grad programs with the speciality in Nurse Anesthesia. These programs are very competative and only accept the best of the best.

This thread although older might give you some informationthat will be helpful. https://allnurses.com/pre-crna-inquiry/how-become-crna-123275.html

This will answer any questions for you.

Who We Are

The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), Founded in 1931, is the professional association representing more than 44,000 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and student registered nurse anesthetists nationwide. The AANA promulgates education and practice standards and guidelines, and affords consultation to both private and governmental entities regarding nurse anesthetists and their practice. The AANA Foundation supports the profession by awarding education and research grants to students, faculty and practicing CRNAs. More than 90 percent of the nation's nurse anesthetists are members of the AANA.

Become a CRNA

The miracle of anesthesia made pain-free surgery a reality. Nurse anesthetists, the first healthcare providers dedicated to the specialty of anesthesia, have their roots in the 1800s, when nurses first gave anesthesia to wounded soldiers on the battlefields of the Civil War. Today, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) are master’s prepared advanced practice nurses who enjoy a high degree of autonomy and professional respect. CRNAs provide anesthetics to patients in every practice setting, and for every type of surgery or procedure. They are the sole anesthesia providers in nearly all rural hospitals, and the main provider of anesthesia to the men and women serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.

For more information about nurse anesthetists, see:

CRNAs at a Glance

Become a CRNA

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Agree that for any APN role, you need some initiative. However, that said, it doesn't hurt us, as APNs to provide some friendly advice, minus the "google it".

Specializes in Hospice/Infusion.

Yes, I agree anyone that wants to get into something as challenging and competitive as CRNA has to have a little initiative. I'm an LPN and have been for 4 years, started college again last year to finish up RN and I have been interested in CRNA so I googled and went on the CRNA board on this site to see what people have to say about it. I am still not sure about it yet as I have not had the opportunity to gain the experience in a hospital. I did a rotation in ICU in nursing school and I decided that that was where I wanted to be, so right now that is my short term goal.

+ Add a Comment