sex in the work place...really?

Nurses Relations

Published

So I'm watching television.... nursing and hospital shows of course...and they are always showing someone in these shows who is in love with another nurse, or doctor and they always end up having sex while in the hospital. My question is does this really go on at the workplace? How many of you have witness this, heard about it happening, or was one of the parties involved?:yeah:

Specializes in Med Surg.
I haven't read the whole thread but since I work in an all female workplace sex at work is not very likely.:p

At the risk of sounding disgusting, are you sure about that?;)

Specializes in Operating Room Nursing.
[/i]

At the risk of sounding disgusting, are you sure about that?;)

You beat me to it!

I know a male nurse who got caught with a female nurse in the toilets at the hospital. They were both severely reprimanded but no one lost their job. In fact they are married now with a baby.

Specializes in Trauma, ER, ICU, CCU, PACU, GI, Cardiology, OR.

Interesting, the stories they would tell their kids... Oh! honey you were conceived in the toilet hospital :eek:... And the beat goes on...& on...:redbeathe

Pretty soon, the nurses with have their code words for rumpy pumpy when the coast is clear:

Nurse A: Yo, you got that 60 French syringe ready for me?

Nurse B: Yeah, right after I finish with the 9 French catheter.

Nurse A: All right, see you in 5.

Specializes in Emergency, Trauma, Critical Care.

Never seen it personally, but I've heard about it.

I had a friend who was an LVN and she supposedly would meet this guy she worked with, I think he was an RN, after work sometimes. She was also married with 5 kids. :eek:

I also went to a nursing program where we had this male teacher, who was totally gross and sleazy. Many students kept complaining, though some were scared as he did have the power to fail. Eventually all was good though when he got CAUGHT ON CAMERA at a hospital making out with one of the students?????? He was married. And his wife stood by him and threw a fit with him at the school when they fired him.

How are you going to argue over that? We also lost the clinical site as a result of this, which was sad, there was already only a few hospitals that would take us.

Man that instructor is just plain gross. Doing the nasty with a student in a hospital! Shame!

Specializes in ED.

good thing he got fired serves him right

Specializes in med/surg; LTC.....LPN, RN, DON; TCU.

At the hospital where I use to work seperated the couples when caught by unit assignments or day and night shift assignments. They really didn't want to fire people because of possible backlash. I wish that nursing programs would get strict on professor-student relationships. Several of the professors I had were famous for notches on their headboards. :uhoh3:

At the hospital where I use to work seperated the couples when caught by unit assignments or day and night shift assignments. They really didn't want to fire people because of possible backlash. I wish that nursing programs would get strict on professor-student relationships. Several of the professors I had were famous for notches on their headboards. :uhoh3:

Gross. I assume these were guy profs? Sounds like the old cheerleader-football coach rub.

Specializes in med/surg; LTC.....LPN, RN, DON; TCU.

Sorry tejas but they were mostly the female professors. :eek:

Sorry tejas but they were mostly the female professors. :eek:

What? So are we talking girl-on-girl action, cuz I just don't see that many male nursing students (even nowadays).

Specializes in ER, TRAUMA, MED-SURG.
Gross. I assume these were guy profs? Sounds like the old cheerleader-football coach rub.

That's what I was thinking, tejas. Yuck!!!

Anne, RNC

+ Add a Comment