- Location Louisville, Kentucky
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, LPN, RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, Accelerated BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Today, Galen College of Nursing has grown into one of the largest private nursing colleges in the U.S.
Five Campus Locations
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Hazard, Kentucky
- Louisville, Kentucky
- San Antonio, Texas
- Tampa Bay, Florida
Nursing Degree Programs Across the Five Campuses
3-Year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The 3-Year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is designed for students who are new to nursing and would like to become Registered Nurses (RN). The BSN program at Galen is designed to be completed within 3 years. A traditional BSN program is normally 4 to 5 years for new college students.
The program is offered at the Louisville and San Antonio campuses.
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
This program is designed for the new college student who desires to become a Registered Nurse. Campus locations include: Cincinnati, Louisville and Tampa Bay.
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree in Nursing (LPN/LVN to ADN Bridge)
LVN and LPN are essentially the same terms. LVN is used in Texas and California while LPN is used throughout the remaining U.S. States.
The LVN to ADN Bridge program is offered at the San Antonio, Texas campus. The LPN to ADN Bridge program is offered at the Louisville and Tampa Bay campuses. This program is also available at the Cincinnati campus under the degree title: Advanced Standing (LPN to ADN Option).
Practical Nursing (PN) / Vocational Nursing (VN)
The Practical Nursing (PN) program is offered at the Louisville or Tampa Bay campuses. The Vocational Nursing (VN) program is offered at the San Antonio campus.
Basic Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Communicate effectively in English
- High school graduate or GED
- Successfully pass qualifying entrance examination; Galen will accept evidence of a previously earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in lieu of a passing entrance score
- Criminal background screening prior to the start of classes
- Official, applicable transcripts from all institutions
- LPNs/LVNs desiring the Advanced-Standing Dual-Track LPN to BSN must submit official LPN/LVN transcripts reflecting GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Current, active, unencumbered LPN/LVN license (LPN/LVN to ADN/BSN program)
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
This online RN to BSN program is designed for current RN’s with an Associate Degree in Nursing.
Currently, the program is available to residents of Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- 12 months (based on credit transfer)
- 8-week courses
- Competitive and affordable tuition
- Interactive content, 3D animation, and video presentations
- Highly accessible and engaged faculty are experts in their field
- Mobile-friendly coursework
Admission Requirements (not all inclusive)
- Graduate of an associate degree or diploma Nursing program
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the U.S.
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in RN program
- Official transcripts for all previous college coursework
- Communicate effectively in English
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pathway (BSN)
For students who have a college degree and/or significant college credit, Galen College of Nursing offers a pathway to enter the nursing program sooner. Based on the previous degree and/or transfer credit, students can receive a BSN in as little as 2 years.
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited the Associate Degree in Nursing programs offered at the following campus locations: Main Campus in Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Ohio, San Antonio, Texas, and Tampa Bay, Florida.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing program (BSN program, RN to BSN option) at Galen College of Nursing.
Galen College of Nursing (Galen) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Niche (Louisville 2019)
- Best Online Colleges in America #25 of 153
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #41 of 599
- Best Test Optional Colleges in America #91 of 175
Niche (San Antonio 2019)
- Best College Locations in America #314 of 1,553
- Safest College Campuses in America #588 of 1,357
- Best Value Colleges in America #782 of 1,590
RN and PN NCLEX Pass Rates by Campus Location
ADN - 90.91%
BSN - 100%
PN - n/a
RN - 92%
PN - 97%
RN - 89.45%
PN - 95.79%
RN - 90.63%
PN - 91.11%
Edited by Joe V