Jump to content

NCLEX & The Trick

Posted

You are reading page 3 of NCLEX & The Trick. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

by MNCD MNCD (New) New Student

H to the R dizzle

Has 4 years experience.

How many select all did you have

Maybe 8-10, I also had 4-5 drag and drop, a few math. Mainly multiple choice

Edited by MNCD

KJ -RN2020

Specializes in RPN-RN. Has 10 years experience.

I am a Canadian RPN and Graduated with a high GPA in Toronto. I then completed the RN Bridge program with again a high GPA. I then did some research on how I can get my status for RN in the US. With my RPN and Bridge combined put me in a status of BSN RN and was granted the chance through a third party called CGSNF and choose a BON and applied and then they granted me the opportunity to sit the NCLEX which I did and just passed🙏🏽 I did try the Pearson Vue trick and YES it works. My journey was long and grateful to God that I was given this opportunity to make a better path for my family and myself. I studied U-World instead of the books. U-World is harder for sure but worth it and pay attention to the rationals so much so that you can read the question and already know the DX or what’s going on with the patient. Wishing you all the best and I needed to share so others can understand an open door.

Let me give you all some insight from the perspective of someone who's worked on the computer side of error reporting in IT systems:

The popup doesn't come up because of whether or not you passed or failed. The popup comes up based on whether or not your bank returns that your card was declined BEFORE an actual attempt to charge it. Some banks and payment systems, you can't do that. Even if the card number is wrong, it's still tied to that bank through the first sets of numbers. Some will bascially pre-authorize the charge before you actually accept it, and some won't. If they pre-authorize, you get the bad popup that your card was declined. If they don't preauthorize, then the card number isn't used until Pearson Vue does their check to see if you can even test and nothing communicates with your bank until you hit that accept button on the last page... You get the good popup.

Stop stressing. Worst thing that can happen is you fail. Then you just study some more, retake the test, and probably pass on that 2nd try. It's a little over a month of inconvience compared to the next 20-40 years of actually working, which is still work. In that time between taking the test and getting your results, relax and enjoy the last couple days that nursing doesn't have to be anywhere on your mind. That's your last true days of freedom until you retire.

Edited by TheDudeWithTheBigDog

KJ -RN2020

Specializes in RPN-RN. Has 10 years experience.

Although I appreciate your comment it has NOTHING to do with Preauthorization of your credit card. I put in all my correct information. I literally asked once I finish my exam if Pearson Vue will charge my card for another exam knowing already that I passed the NCLEX. The man told me you can NOT register again for another test if your results are in and you passed. They system is set up that way. If you the charge goes on the card that means they opened up a schedule for you to select a date and time to re-write. Good or bad pop-up, you can’t register again for a re-write because your results are successful. I don’t work for Pearson Vue but the man does, but what does he know he just works there and I am now just a RN🤷🏽‍♀️

Then it would be consistent. Why are people getting the bad popup yet passing their exam?

No matter what, you can't schedule a new exam while your scores from the last exam are still pending. Until you're actually flagged as being able to retest, you'll never be able to schedule that other exam.

The popups are just which error is being returned, that your card was declined or that you can't schedule a new exam. BOTH are true no matter what popup you got, whether you passed or failed. Pass or fail, until your account is flagged as able to retest, you can't schedule a new test. Pass or fail, your card is getting declined.

But what do I know, my expertise before school was only in web programming and management

KJ -RN2020

Specializes in RPN-RN. Has 10 years experience.

Well, I think I will go with what the man that works at Pearson Vue stated. Once you leave that desk and the computer shuts down your NCLEX is already marked. You get it hand marked only if there is a Discrepancy. However, Pearson Vue said if you failed you CAN schedule an exam not too long after you exam you already failed. Secondly, the bad pop-up is the only pop-up the can be A fail or pass do to many reasons. However, the good pop-up there is no research that I found that showed someone as failing.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:10 PM, KJ -RN2020 said:

I am a Canadian RPN and Graduated with a high GPA in Toronto. I then completed the RN Bridge program with again a high GPA. I then did some research on how I can get my status for RN in the US. With my RPN and Bridge combined put me in a status of BSN RN and was granted the chance through a third party called CGSNF and choose a BON and applied and then they granted me the opportunity to sit the NCLEX which I did and just passed🙏🏽 I did try the Pearson Vue trick and YES it works. My journey was long and grateful to God that I was given this opportunity to make a better path for my family and myself. I studied U-World instead of the books. U-World is harder for sure but worth it and pay attention to the rationals so much so that you can read the question and already know the DX or what’s going on with the patient. Wishing you all the best and I needed to share so others can understand an open door.

Thank you so much for sharing your nursing journey and congratulations on achieving your RN degree. Also I am Canadian RPN and completed the bridging program. The CGFNS has Just completed my evaluations and sent it to the BON of State I chose. Not sure whether they will grant me ADN or BSN. I am still studying the NCLEX. The idea of NCLEX terrifies me and my heart skips every time I open the books😁.

Got it, a guy who's job is to proctor a test knows the technical ins and outs of the web system to be able to determine if someone passed or failed.

You'd think with all that knowledge, he'd be working in Pearson's IT department rather than signing people in at a testing center.

All the good popup means is that you're unable to schedule a new test. It's not an automatic "you passed." It's also "your test is still flagged as active."

Seriously, if the trick was accurate, they'd just give you the results when you finish your test, because they all heard about the trick.

But it's going to be hard to find many stories where someone got that popup and failed, because statistically, most people pass on their first attempt. Then of the ones who fail, you're limited to only the ones who bothered to try it and post it to a forum. So you're looking for a very small minority of people who take this test.

KJ -RN2020

Specializes in RPN-RN. Has 10 years experience.

3 hours ago, Noora said:

Thank you so much for sharing your nursing journey and congratulations on achieving your RN degree. Also I am Canadian RPN and completed the bridging program. The CGFNS has Just completed my evaluations and sent it to the BON of State I chose. Not sure whether they will grant me ADN or BSN. I am still studying the NCLEX. The idea of NCLEX terrifies me and my heart skips every time I open the books😁.

Once you complete the bridge they will accept you for the BSN and allow you to write the NCLEX. Depending on the BON you chosen. I strongly suggest study from U-World only. The NCLEX is designed the same way as U-World. The NCLEX is not as hard as U-World, read the rationals to all questions. The NCLEX is tricky not hard. You’ll be fine don’t worry to much if you get in the low 50% in U-World. I pray you will be just fine!🙏🏽

KJ -RN2020

Specializes in RPN-RN. Has 10 years experience.

5 hours ago, TheDudeWithTheBigDog said:

Got it, a guy who's job is to proctor a test knows the technical ins and outs of the web system to be able to determine if someone passed or failed.

You'd think with all that knowledge, he'd be working in Pearson's IT department rather than signing people in at a testing center.

All the good popup means is that you're unable to schedule a new test. It's not an automatic "you passed." It's also "your test is still flagged as active."

Seriously, if the trick was accurate, they'd just give you the results when you finish your test, because they all heard about the trick.

But it's going to be hard to find many stories where someone got that popup and failed, because statistically, most people pass on their first attempt. Then of the ones who fail, you're limited to only the ones who bothered to try it and post it to a forum. So you're looking for a very small minority of people who take this test.

🤷🏽‍♀️