NCLEX-RN; Terrified

Posted
by briixx briixx, BSN, RN (New) New Nurse

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience.

I just received notification for my "ticket to test".

I am soooooo paranoid my scores on uworld have been 50-60's. I was doing adaptive tests on the Lippincott NCLEX-RN PassPoint Prep-U.. my mastery is a 7 (i fluctuate between 6-8). I had been stressing very hard lately because I have a job and a house contingent on me passing this and my school had submitted the wrong ssn when they submitted my name well over a month ago (which has been a freaking disaster) and I basically need to take this test asap. My Kaplan scores Trainer1: 52, Trainer2L 56, Trainer3: 45, NCLEX Practice1: 68, NCLEX Practice2: 48, Who do you see 1st: 70. I am beyond terrified, and not really sure how I feel about my scores, or how I feel about taking the NCLEX. I was wondering how I am measuring up to people who have taken and passed the NCLEX.

Edited by briixx

Queen Tiye, RN

230 Posts

Congratulations on making it to this point, it is no easy feat. Testing in the 60s in UWORLD is a good sign, but it really depends on how many questions you are averaging on your tests. Many tests comprised of 75 questions is a better indicator than tests with only 10 questions.

Did you take one of the UWORLD assessment tests? How did you do?

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

My uworld tests were all 75 questions every time unused ones. The graph indicates my average overall cumulative is 53% on tests. I have 486 left that are unused and I am terrified to take the assessments because of the way uworld scores. I feel like if I see a low number again it'll derail me and upset me and discourage me and I am taking the test this Saturday.

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

heres a little update, i took the kaplan readiness and got a 58% and i took the UWORLD assessment #1 and got a 58%, and it said i have a high chance of passing. still very nervous about this test saturday.

Nurse.Kelsey, BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology RN. Has 3 years experience. 166 Posts

55 minutes ago, briixx said:

heres a little update, i took the kaplan readiness and got a 58% and i took the UWORLD assessment #1 and got a 58%, and it said i have a high chance of passing. still very nervous about this test saturday.

Those are great scores. All my classmates got in the high 50's-60s for the readiness kaplan test. Be confident. Do questions today and tomorrow. Good luck

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

2 minutes ago, Nurse.Kelsey said:

Those are great scores. All my classmates got in the high 50's-60s for the readiness kaplan test. Be confident. Do questions today and tomorrow. Good luck

Awesome, thank you, I really appreciate the feedback ?

I had 62 percent on the Kap readiness test a few days ago. Took nclex two days ago, 265 questions, got the good PVT pop up. hope this helps.

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

i took the test Saturday. I got hit with all 265, and i got the PVT pop up and I found out today that I passed!!!!

thank you everyone who responded to me:)

Congrats!!! those kaplan predictors must be pretty accurate, we had similar scores in kap and the test went the distance for both of us. It's over now...

?

blenderbottle

blenderbottle

133 Posts

For people who pass nclex with uworld, did you memorize all content from youworld?

I am making short note about everything I do not know, I was wrong about. For example : development hid displasia - I made note how to perform Barlow and Ortani test. I went through 900 questions and I have about 200 notes (small notes 2-3 word so i can remember vocabulary or specific drug)

my question is did you memorize every piece of information from uworld?

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

On 9/29/2019 at 10:50 PM, Nurse_Mike said:

Congrats!!! those kaplan predictors must be pretty accurate, we had similar scores in kap and the test went the distance for both of us. It's over now...

?

congrats to you also ?

briixx

briixx, BSN, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 3 years experience. 9 Posts

1 hour ago, blenderbottle said:

For people who pass nclex with uworld, did you memorize all content from youworld?

I am making short note about everything I do not know, I was wrong about. For example : development hid displasia - I made note how to perform Barlow and Ortani test. I went through 900 questions and I have about 200 notes (small notes 2-3 word so i can remember vocabulary or specific drug)

my question is did you memorize every piece of information from uworld?

I did not memorize anything from UWORLD. I took notes on every single question; meaning if I got it right because I knew what the answer was, or if it was a lucky guess, or if I had gotten it wrong. between the three programs that I used for practice I had about 9-10 notebooks of notes. My notes were most likely overkill, but I wanted to make sure I wrote as much as possible since I remember things better if I write them down. I think I had 1 assessment left on UWORLD and bout 500 questions left before I took NCLEX. I tried to not read the questions/answer options when I took my notes. that way I could try not to memorize the actual question, just focusing on remembering the content, if that makes any sense. I say this because when I was in nursing school I was able to recall questions and their answers off ATI that I had in the beginning of my program even a year later if the question had been repeated somewhere along the line, I was like unintentionally memorizing stuff since it had been repeated.