Jump to content

Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN

School Programs   (47,952 Views | 1,037 Replies)

1,115 Profile Views; 116 Posts

You are reading page 59 of Lone Star Spring 2020 ADN. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

25 Posts; 47 Profile Views

20 minutes ago, canickell11 said:

Does anyone know a place more towards houston/katy area where i can get my immunizations and titres done? I just found out my pcp doesn't give the results in numerical value 😩

Try www.labreqs.com.  I used them when my PCP didn't order the correct Hep B titer and needed it for the application.  You select the tests that you need and you will be emailed a lab order to take to the Lab Corp or Quest lab nearest to you.  I received my results the next day and it was only like $38 for the Hep B titer.  They have all the tests that are required for us and they aren't super expensive, plus they will give you a code for 10% off your order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

164 Posts; 484 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, Cuteflute82 said:

Try www.labreqs.com.  I used them when my PCP didn't order the correct Hep B titer and needed it for the application.  You select the tests that you need and you will be emailed a lab order to take to the Lab Corp or Quest lab nearest to you.  I received my results the next day and it was only like $38 for the Hep B titer.  They have all the tests that are required for us and they aren't super expensive, plus they will give you a code for 10% off your order.

Okay so Im confused, do we get the MMR and Varicella immunizations first then get the titre like we did with HepB or just get the titles done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 47 Profile Views

31 minutes ago, canickell11 said:

Okay so Im confused, do we get the MMR and Varicella immunizations first then get the titre like we did with HepB or just get the titles done?

If you have had the MMR vaccine already, maybe when you were younger and also if you've had chicken pox or the vaccine for it, then I would suggest getting the titers since that is what Castle Branch is asking for upload.  If they titers are positive then you will not need to get vaccinated and it would save time and money.  You will only need to worry about getting another shot if the titers come back negative.  I hope that I am making sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

164 Posts; 484 Profile Views

42 minutes ago, Cuteflute82 said:

If you have had the MMR vaccine already, maybe when you were younger and also if you've had chicken pox or the vaccine for it, then I would suggest getting the titers since that is what Castle Branch is asking for upload.  If they titers are positive then you will not need to get vaccinated and it would save time and money.  You will only need to worry about getting another shot if the titers come back negative.  I hope that I am making sense...

Yes that’s makes sense. I’ve had the MMR when I was a baby and I’ve actually had chicken pox when I was younger and shingles when I was pregnant so I might just get both titres first. Do you recommend getting everything done at once or spread it out within a few weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 47 Profile Views

15 minutes ago, canickell11 said:

Yes that’s makes sense. I’ve had the MMR when I was a baby and I’ve actually had chicken pox when I was younger and shingles when I was pregnant so I might just get both titres first. Do you recommend getting everything done at once or spread it out within a few weeks?

I would go ahead and get everything done at once that way you only have one needle stick and you don’t have to wait for results, they’ll all come around the same time. Also, in case one of your titers comes back negative like my Rubella did, you’ll have time to get a booster. No additional titer is required after a booster if you need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

164 Posts; 484 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, Cuteflute82 said:

I would go ahead and get everything done at once that way you only have one needle stick and you don’t have to wait for results, they’ll all come around the same time. Also, in case one of your titers comes back negative like my Rubella did, you’ll have time to get a booster. No additional titer is required after a booster if you need it. 

And they give you all that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 63 Profile Views

I went to that express family clinic and saved alot of money. Thank yal for recommending it. I was in and out in 45 min.  Everything minus flu shot cost me 215$.  I had to go to HEB for flu shot which cost me 20$.  If it wasnt for yal I would have gone to lab reqs and paid 350$ (including discounts).  Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 47 Profile Views

12 minutes ago, canickell11 said:

And they give you all that? 

The lab will only do the titers, I had to make an appointment with my PCP for the booster shot. I had my MMR in the 80’s but you may not have to worry about that if you had your vaccines later. 

Edited by Cuteflute82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

164 Posts; 484 Profile Views

18 minutes ago, Vaz88 said:

I went to that express family clinic and saved alot of money. Thank yal for recommending it. I was in and out in 45 min.  Everything minus flu shot cost me 215$.  I had to go to HEB for flu shot which cost me 20$.  If it wasnt for yal I would have gone to lab reqs and paid 350$ (including discounts).  Thanks! 

I’m going there next week! What all did you get done that cost $215? Was is the MMR and Varicella vaccines or just the titres? And why couldn’t you get the flu shot there? Do they not offer it there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

133 Posts; 129 Profile Views

29 minutes ago, Vaz88 said:

I went to that express family clinic and saved alot of money. Thank yal for recommending it. I was in and out in 45 min.  Everything minus flu shot cost me 215$.  I had to go to HEB for flu shot which cost me 20$.  If it wasnt for yal I would have gone to lab reqs and paid 350$ (including discounts).  Thanks! 

I’m there now but my location doesn’t have the TB test in stock so I can’t do it there but I can go to another location but I’ll call next week to see if they have it. Or I may check if my pcp does it and reports in “mm”. If not express Family Clinic again. 

Edited by RNtobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

164 Posts; 484 Profile Views

13 minutes ago, RNtobe said:

I’m there now but my location doesn’t have the TB test in stock so I can’t do it there but I can go to another location but I’ll call next week to see if they have it. Or I may check if my pcp does it and reports in “mm”. If not express Family Clinic again. 

I might go up there tomorrow! So did they say they don't have it for the next few days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

133 Posts; 129 Profile Views

8 minutes ago, canickell11 said:

I might go up there tomorrow! So did they say they don't have it for the next few days?

My location is in New Caney. They should get it next Wednesday. So if my pcp doesn’t do it then I’ll return next week to have it done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.