You are reading page 6 of Johns Hopkins 2015 ABSN & Masters Entry. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.
@rockko we have yet to hear from Ucla! There's still hope!!!
don't assume rejection! I had called jhu Monday and they said they're making decisions all February long! :)
I haven't heard back either but I called and they said I should probably hear back by the end of this week. Maybe they will are planning to send out a batch of decisions every Friday for the rest of the month?? LOL! I am trying to keep the faith here! For those that got accepted, congrats!! How long did JHU give you to accept/decline?
I haven't heard back, either. Applied for the ABSN program, submitted the application on 10/29. So glad to have found this thread! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting for a decision!
does that go for master's entry as well? or did you just ask about ABSN? i'm getting way too nervous!!
@FuturePedNP415 - I believe we have until April 1 to decide + pay the $500 deposit. (this is for the ABSN program; the master's entry program might be on a different schedule in terms of acceptance notifications and other important dates)
Yeah, i haven't received the formal packet with the details about how to confirm our enrollment or when we need to do it by, i only received the email as of yet. But i'm not sure about the master's entry though, sorry!
Sorry! I forgot this thread was for both the ASBN and the master's entry. I only asked about the ASBN so I'm not sure about the master's entry.
No later than March 15 for Master's entry. I submitted my application on December 23 and it went under review before the adjusted deadline, so maybe late February for some.
Still nothing today...
no mine's never said under review and i submitted mine a few days before it was due LOL... i like to take time to work on it instead of rsh to send it in, but also make sure to submit it on time a few days before.
here's my take on the possibilities.
they don't make calls by alphabetical order, but i've heard each counselor divides it by region and alphabetical order. my last name is at the very end so in general it's no alphabetical order.
they send out acceptances in batches.
they are waiting for people to decline. some people have been accepted to other schools and will decline Hopkins because of financial or other personal reasons, then they send out acceptances to other candidates.
I'm with ya - radio silence
i'm with all of you! i never thought i would get accepted into Hopkins. it was a miracle!
Yeah, my own application never said "under review," but when admissions emailed to extend the Master's entry deadline they said they had already begun to review complete applications.
i've actually applied to other schools using the same system and it never changed status on my online account.
I heard from admissions today that they are still making decisions. I'm assuming they are waiting for people to decline and then send out the next batch. I feel kind of stuck though because I am taking the human growth and development class just for this program. I'm taking it through them online so if I don't get in I want to drop it. The problem is that the last day to drop the class with a full refund is the end of this week. Too many decisions to make!
I would advise that you complete the course anyways. If you do not get accepted into JHU but decide to still pursue a carer in nursing, then you MUSTâ€‹ complete this course. I can tell you that almost every nursing school in America requires this course in order to apply.
I noticed that you've been accepted to other places (MAJOR CONGRATS!), so are you going to go to JHU or the other schools? I ask because the admissions seem to be seriously dragging their feet waiting for people to accept or decline their spot.
I really wish they would just tell everyone at once and be done with it. I should have known this would happen when they kept extending the deadline. But I honestly believe they extended the deadline in order to get as many applicants as possible (ergo, more $75 dollar application fees) since this would be the last cohort. I can't imagine that the class is that big, so having 1,000 applicants is an utter waste of time and only means more money in their pockets!
@PinkEagle I definitely would still take the course. I'm just taking 3 classes now while working full time, so I'd just push it to the summer along with organic chemistry. Most of the programs that I applied to/ plan to apply to don't start until next winter or spring so I would have time.
@jess I'd say don't drop psych coz that class is required by far more schools than o Chem. Plus you haven't heard from Hopkins yet.
By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.