nj salary survey

U.S.A. New Jersey

Published

i am putting together a salary survey for school. does anyone know what the top paying hopspital in NJ is.

Hackensack University Medical Center is up there in salary. It is also a great place to work!

Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick pays very well esp. for new grads. The only down side is that there is a parking fee (I think $25/paycheck) and the lots are not connected to the hospital (unless you work nights) which is a hassle in the winter. I saw on the news that St. Barnabus (in N. Jersey I think) pays very well as well, but I don't know from personal experience as to what it's like there. Thanks for the Hackensack tip. Does anyone know about Jersey Shore medical center? Hows the pay, atmosphere, parking haha?

A friend of mine, who is a new grad, was offered $31/hr for nights at Hackensack Medical Center.

Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick pays very well esp. for new grads. The only down side is that there is a parking fee (I think $25/paycheck) and the lots are not connected to the hospital (unless you work nights) which is a hassle in the winter. I saw on the news that St. Barnabus (in N. Jersey I think) pays very well as well, but I don't know from personal experience as to what it's like there. Thanks for the Hackensack tip. Does anyone know about Jersey Shore medical center? Hows the pay, atmosphere, parking haha?

RWJUH in New Brunswick has a MAJOR parking problem for nurses coming in after 7am right now and YES, you do have to pay $10/paycheck for this hassle. There is supposed to be guarenteed parking for the 7pm shift but I know that parking hassles still occur.

RWJUH----- I make more than $38/hr but have MANY years experience. There is also extra pay for clinical ladder, experience, certification and NOW we have a PENSION program as well after the last 3 year contract was re ratified in August. RWJUH is also a very HIGH acuity hospital, not necessarily good for new grads unless highly motivated. Very high pace. They are still hiring for NICU, oncology, some peds, but otherwise most positions are pretty filled up right now. There is also a great deal of floating going on.

I make $48/hour working night shift at VA facillity. I have 14 yrs. experience & have BSN. We don't pay to park. Downside is well, it is the VA. & all those stories you have heard are most likely true.

I make $48/hour working night shift at VA facillity. I have 14 yrs. experience & have BSN. We don't pay to park. Downside is well, it is the VA. & all those stories you have heard are most likely true.

WOW..this is some pretty high pay... Is this a 40hour work week or more like 36 hours???

typically if you were to factor in the time... would it equal to a office job of 40hrs per week?? or less

I work 12Mid-8AM 5 days/per week. I have a base salary of $81.600 give or take a couple $ I don't have the exact figure in front of me. We get 15% for working night shift & 15% on top of that on weekends. The holidays we work we get time & a half for the 8 hours we work. Basically all I did was take my last years income & divide it by the amount of hours I worked. I have not really been doing very much OT as I already have a 1 hour commute each way to & from work + a 2yr. old at home waiting for me. Not that they don't beg for OT, but my child is simply more important to me right now & I am away from him quite enough as it is. I realize it is higher salary prob than most but then you have to work at the VA & put up with all that BS....lol so you earn your $ I also have been there for 14 years now & have my BSN so these things again make a diff. in a persons salary. I am not however in a supervisory position, I am simply a staff nurse. Sometimes I get caught & have to stay a few minutes later than 8AM on my shift but I usually can get out on time if I need to. I try not to go donating too much time to the VA as they are unappreciative....lol. I have been kinda spending some extra time lately but this is only so I can work on the projects I am responsible for for the Nurses Day Committee & being as how that is for us nurses this I will do. :)

JaimealmostRN,

Which Jersey shore hospital? We have Shore Memorial in Ocean City, Burdette Tomlin Memorial in Cape May Court House, Bacharach Rehab (I forget its exact location), Atlantic City Medical Center (2 branches in Atlantic City Offshore and Mainland). Of course this is the deep South Jersey Shore...all the way at the tip. I can't really address pay as an SPN. Yet all hospitals have websites. Perhaps toward the end of school or after graduation, you could schedule appointments, they all hire new RN grads. Myself I am going "State" you can't beat the pay, especially as an LPN, $26 for weekends 3-11. (Naw I am not in it for the money, I just realized early on in rotation, hospital nursing is not my gig. I love the medsurg floor we are on and the nurses are fabulous but I am drawn to psych nursing, r/t my social work background.)

Good Luck and CONGRATULATIONS!

Tres

Hey rebel red! Thanks for getting back to me. I was asking about Jersey Shore Medical Center in Neptune, NJ. But I've also heard good things about Shore Memorial. When do you graduate? I think I'll ask for a tour of each place after an interview like you suggested. I'm actually not really sure where to go since I don't have kids/husband do I go out of state? go work in the Amazon? :rotfl: But I love almost all of the jersey shore area esp. the south jersey atlantic city area. Talk to you later!

Specializes in ICU, CM, Geriatrics, Management.
... Downside is well, it is the VA. & all those stories you have heard are most likely true.

Care to share an example or two.

Thanks!

+ Add a Comment