Duke ABSN Fall 2021

Published

Hi everyone!

I read through posts from previous DUSON ABSN cycles while completing my application and they were very helpful, but I noticed there were no new posts for the current application cycle, so I thought I'd start one.

Just submitted my application and am super nervous!

Anyone else here apply? Let's be antsy together! ?

meghan0808

60 Posts

On 11/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, peanutNC said:

Hi everyone!

I read through posts from previous DUSON ABSN cycles while completing my application and they were very helpful, but I noticed there were no new posts for the current application cycle, so I thought I'd start one.

Just submitted my application and am super nervous!

Anyone else here apply? Let's be antsy together! ?

Still working on mine! Really down to the wire now. I had a question though- do you know if the merit scholarship essay is also due by Dec 1? I'm not sure where to submit it and I'm also unsure how to see if my recommenders submitted or not. 

peanutNC

13 Posts

2 hours ago, meghan0808 said:

Still working on mine! Really down to the wire now. I had a question though- do you know if the merit scholarship essay is also due by Dec 1? I'm not sure where to submit it and I'm also unsure how to see if my recommenders submitted or not. 

Yes, everything is due Dec 1, including the merit essay and recommendations. Once you submit your app, when you sign back into the student services portal the screen will have changed and there’s a tab where you can manage all your submissions (transcripts, etc.) - that’s where I was able to upload my unofficial transcript and where you would upload your merit essay. There’s also a section that shows who you sent recommendations to and whether they submitted them or not.

It also looks like you can update your personal statement submissions... but haven’t tried it so not sure. Good luck! ?

ad2020

32 Posts

Specializes in Student.

Just submitted my app. Do we know when to expect a decision by?

peanutNC

13 Posts

1 hour ago, ad2020 said:

Just submitted my app. Do we know when to expect a decision by?

I think I read somewhere that we should expect to hear back in March?

Seems so far away!! Good luck to everyone~

Do you guys know if they still accept applications after December 1st? On the website it says December 1st is for priority, and the website still shows we can apply for Fall, thanks.  

On 12/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, FuturePsycNurse said:

Do you guys know if they still accept applications after December 1st? On the website it says December 1st is for priority, and the website still shows we can apply for Fall, thanks.  

I am not sure... I would definitely try to submit it if you haven't already and then email the admissions office. 

Does anyone know statistics on how many applicants they normally have and how many people they accept? 

28 minutes ago, futurenurseeliza said:

I am not sure... I would definitely try to submit it if you haven't already and then email the admissions office. 

Does anyone know statistics on how many applicants they normally have and how many people they accept? 

I read on the previous forums that they receive around 350-450 applicants for around 80 seats. 

cevans7

8 Posts

Hi, so glad someone started a thread! 

I submitted my app about a month ago.  Fingers crossed and getting very impatient! 

BME_1

36 Posts

I really want to hear back like February 1st through its unlikely January is such a long month to wait through. 

amanda12

162 Posts

Hi I applied a few months ago! My application status recently changed from "ready for review" to "under review" so hopefully soon!!!

cevans7

8 Posts

My status also changed to "under review"! I'm really hopeful we'll hear back soon, but I saw on previous threads it wasn't until March 1st.