CPR Fraud?

Nurses General Nursing

Updated:   Published

  • Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

You are reading page 2 of CPR Fraud?

Kitiger, RN

1,834 Posts

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

I told them that I would not be coming in for the class. The class was today. This is what they sent me by text:

"You have been marked as a no-show for your session today. You will remain not certified. Any credit card dispute/chargeback will result in the requesting school/employer/organization being notified, and the student being placed on a do-not-certify list barring the student from future enrollment.”

I will be recertifying with the Red Cross.

Thank you to all who have looked into this with me. 🙂

Specializes in Med-Surg, Oncology, School Nursing, OB.
Kitiger said:

You have been marked as a no-show for your session today. You will remain not certified. Any credit card dispute/chargeback will result in the requesting school/employer/organization being notified, and the student being placed on a do-not-certify list barring the student from future enrollment."

You remain not certified and we will tell on you if you try to dispute this. We will also put you on a "do not certify list.” 😂🙄😂 Oh OK then! Double dog dare you!

That's like Walmart saying if you don't show up to pick up your order we will not let you shop here again, tell your mom, and put you on a do not order again list! No one cares-you can just go to Target! 

(And just in case you're worried there is no national do not certify list nor does your school/employer/organization or anyone else care if you don't show up here and get your certification elsewhere.🤦🏼‍♀️

JKL33

6,760 Posts

Kitiger said:

Any credit card dispute/chargeback will result in the requesting school/employer/organization being notified,

In addition to the other BS, this is (or could be) a very cleverly worded way of saying that should your employing organization reach out to this fraudulent provider to verify that you completed a course through them, they will say no. As they should. Otherwise, who cares if they tell your employer?? Tell them what--that they are out there trying to scam the employer's employees? This would not stop me from trying to recoup my money for one second.

Kitiger, RN

1,834 Posts

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.
JKL33 said:

In addition to the other BS, this is (or could be) a very cleverly worded way of saying that should your employing organization reach out to this fraudulent provider to verify that you completed a course through them, they will say no. As they should. Otherwise, who cares if they tell your employer?? Tell them what--that they are out there trying to scam the employer's employees? This would not stop me from trying to recoup my money for one second.

Exactly 🙂

 

Kitiger, RN

1,834 Posts

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

This is another text they sent me: 

"Any student who fails to show for their reserved session at their scheduled time for any reason, regardless of if they've previously stated they will not be attending, will be considered a no-show and will forfeit any amount paid; the student may re-enroll for a future session at full cost. No partial credit or credit of any type will be given at any time for any reason."

"Any certification or course fees that are disputed (regardless of whether the student has attended the in-person session or not) via a credit card chargeback or complaint will result in the certification and/or certification course being canceled, the requesting school/employer/organization notified, and the student being placed on a do-not-certify list."

🙄

londonflo

2,906 Posts

Specializes in oncology.

At our nursing college we have had students whose CPR certification expired and they go to one of these Clown outfits. We specify Red Cross or AHA but they are so scared, they don't want to speak up to us.. Faculty have contacts at the local hospitals and have faculty who are instructors but when the lapsing students go to one of these online (not RC/AHA) they end up unable to be on clinical until they are recertified. These organization hurt people. 

Kitiger, RN

1,834 Posts

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

I just got this text:

"It is considered a theft of services, even if you did not show to or complete your certification, to dispute any charge. Please note that disputing any certification charge with your financial institution may result in legal or criminal action against you, separate from the dispute process."

Wow! 🙄

mtmkjr, BSN

449 Posts

All of that is the language of scammers. No legitimate business treats their customers that way. 

HiddenAngels

976 Posts

Hmmm, if the AHA says no, that's a no for me.

Sounds like they're trying to threaten you and if they're not legit who cares.  Go to the AHA website and sign up for one directly through them is what I would do.

HiddenAngels

976 Posts

Kitiger said:

I told them that I would not be coming in for the class. The class was today. This is what they sent me by text:

"You have been marked as a no-show for your session today. You will remain not certified. Any credit card dispute/chargeback will result in the requesting school/employer/organization being notified, and the student being placed on a do-not-certify list barring the student from future enrollment.”

I will be recertifying with the Red Cross.

Thank you to all who have looked into this with me. 🙂

See, Scammy Scam - I hate em.

Yes always go through the official AHA website or Red Cross for you.  Good luck, you'll be alright..

HiddenAngels

976 Posts

Kitiger said:

This is another text they sent me: 

"Any student who fails to show for their reserved session at their scheduled time for any reason, regardless of if they've previously stated they will not be attending, will be considered a no-show and will forfeit any amount paid; the student may re-enroll for a future session at full cost. No partial credit or credit of any type will be given at any time for any reason."

"Any certification or course fees that are disputed (regardless of whether the student has attended the in-person session or not) via a credit card chargeback or complaint will result in the certification and/or certification course being canceled, the requesting school/employer/organization notified, and the student being placed on a do-not-certify list."

🙄

Okay so you can re-enroll and elsewhere..you will also be placed on a do-not-certify list. Make it make sense..  I'm glad you paused

londonflo

2,906 Posts

Specializes in oncology.
Kitiger said:

"It is considered a theft of services, even if you did not show to or complete your certification, to dispute any charge.

You did not receive their services besides processing your payments. . God Almighty, what services where they alleging provided for you past charging you credit card?

I just hated when these scammers would take the students money when their CPR was expired!

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X