Quote from kiecis
I have an uncle in Dubai who is gonna process my Visit or Tourist Visa this week. It cost alot so I want to be careful. I am a licensed nurse here however, I, like alot of my colleagues, have no Hospital Experience. I have read alot of similar questions like this here in allnurses and have found out that I will likely end up in a clinic. I also looked into the DOHMS website and saw that all hospitals require 2 years experience. I am still hopeful for a hospital job.
1. Is it possible for me to work in a hospital in Dubia/ UAE?
2. Has anyone done this?
3. If it is possible, can I do it in 1 month?
Thanks a lot for reading and I hope you can all help me
hi, first of all look at the bright side:
1. As compared to others, you will be "psychologically" comfortable knowing that you will have a relative there who will take care of you in case of "worst" situation.
2. Having a clinic job there is better than no job here in the phils. Accept the fact that "ideal" situation does not exist for fresh graduates like us. We need 2 years experience to be able to work/be hired in middle east hospitals.
3. I suggest you plan various options/paths for your career. Like work in Dubai for 2-3 years, save money for NCLEX review/exam. Pass the NCLEX, and either you continue working in Dubai while waiting for your US Visa, or you may go back here to "volunteer" for hospital experience purposes.
If i am in your side, i'll do it that way.. I do can afford to process visa and go to Dubai, and don't care if i work in a clinic.. But i have apprehension because i have no relatives there, which you have.. so grab the chance, you're still young eventhough you don't realize it (just think of the age of the 2nd corsers).
Please correct me if i have some errors in my above comments. And, hope to hear you succeed so can follow your footsteps, o di va..
Good luck colleague.