Received my invite to graduation from WGURegister Today!
- by SweettartRN Dec 12, '11That's right, I am done!
I passed my last class this last week, which means I completed my BSN in 3 months and 7 days, or 3 months exactly if you count the time I didn't have access to Taskstream.
My resume is updated and I am applying for jobs, and I am starting my MSN here just after Christmas, also with WGU.
I am soooo happy!
- 3,438 Views
- Dec 13, '11 by SweettartRNQuote from BetterMeRNJust the year of graduation. Employers are going to need to be more open minded though as technology advances and school can be completed in a more useful way and resource of time!I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! Also, are you adding the dates you attended WGU on your resume or are you just putting your graduation date? Just wondering if employers would look at you different if you graduated in three months.
- Dec 13, '11 by Erikadawn RNCongratulations to you. I am looking to apply for the MSN program at WGU. How long do you think it will take you to complete?
- Dec 13, '11 by akaniniCongrats! Yayyyyyy!
- Dec 31, '11 by Mommy2beGreat job, any advice for us starting soon? I start 2/1/12! Super excited! BTW...did you have any pre-reqs to take? Or was that just the core nursing classes.
- Jan 1, '12 by Murse901Awesome job. I'm starting 2/1/12 and hoping to finish in 6 months. Gotta take Biochem, but otherwise all I need are the nursing courses. I've heard of a few people doing it in 6 months, but never heard of anyone doing it in 3. So, this gives me a little hope.
- Jan 1, '12 by SweettartRNFor those starting soon, don't listen to your mentor drag you down- mine didn't believe me at first as to how motivated I was, and we fought tooth and nail. Go at your pace, and then show them- don't tell them what you are going to do!
I had two pre-reqs to taking including Bio-chem (insert full body shudder here). It was awful, but no un-doable.
Go at your pace, and don't let others set it for you.
And if you haven't already, join the Facebook group. It is helping many people, and is a great tool!