Finished my MSN this morning - ask me anything! - page 4
I completed the final oral defense for my MSN through WGU this morning. I also have my BSN from WGU. Completed RN-to-BSN in one, six month term, and the MSN in 11 months and five days (not that I'm counting!) Two degrees... Read More
- 0Jun 23, '12 by marycarneyYour degree plan lists stuff you already are getting credit for as well as what you have left to take. If you think there is an error, call your enrollment person stat.
I think what most likely has happened is that you might be reading it and not seeing the difference in completed coursework.
Let me know how it pans out.
- 0Jun 24, '12 by EverNurseRNThank you for the reply. All of the classes were listed as assessments to be done, nothing completed. My enrollment counselor called me Sat morning. They haven't done my transcript eval yet. Guess I got excited lol. I had received an email that said 'you've been cleared to begin your program' so I thought it was GO time. Anyways, the eval is supposed to be done by this week..it will be nice to see most of those classes drop off.
- 4Jun 24, '12 by HHLindaI'm in the RN-BSN program. I like that it's self paced and no classroom. My student mentor helps me stay on track
Also, I fit school into my busy schedule! I work 2 jobs yet I found the time to complete 4 courses! I have 3 to finish; plan to finish by September!
- 0Jun 27, '12 by dtompkins8To Pooh1028:
I applied last December (2011) and thought I would be ready to start right away but sadly wasn't. I had to complete 2 math classes, an english class, biochemistry, and pharm. I was already a student at Ivy Tech so I signed up quickly for english and finite math and got those done in 8 weeks and then I started statistics through straighterline. I could not find a pharm or biochem class in time. I took my TEAS a couple of weeks ago and I hope to find out in 3 weeks if I am accepted for August cohort. It was a lot of work considering I work fulltime but I guess I had better get use to it. If you take 8 week courses you could get a lot of them done quickly. Check Ivy Tech out! There online classes are great!
- 0Jul 28, '12 by TxNurseRNQuote from marycarneyHi Mary. Congrats on your amazing acheivement!!!! Which MSN program did you complete? I wil start the BSN-MSN Ed program on Sept 1 and would love the skinny!I completed the final oral defense for my MSN through WGU this morning. I also have my BSN from WGU.
Completed RN-to-BSN in one, six month term, and the MSN in 11 months and five days (not that I'm counting!)
Two degrees for under $10K out of pocket, including books. (I received a total of $2K in scholarships)
So----- I'm going to put myself out there and if you would like info about either program from a recent grad -hit me up!
- 0Aug 1, '12 by cayenne06, MSN, RNQuote from TxNurseRNHi Mary. Congrats on your amazing acheivement!!!! Which MSN program did you complete? I wil start the BSN-MSN Ed program on Sept 1 and would love the skinny!
Hey, looks like we will be classmates! I am starting the same program on Sept 1st. I did my BSN through WGU too.