St Joseph's College of Maine FNP program students - Page 9Register Today!
- Feb 24, '12 by norik95Hello , I am in FNP program , just finishing up with Nursing informatics..
Regarding clinicals : I am planning to do them in MA and NH . Does anybody know if those states are accepting the St Jospeph school to do clinicals?
I have email my advisor , but have not heard yet.. she is out of the office..
- Feb 24, '12 by canchaserMy advisor said that they wouldn't have let u sign up with school if not approved. She said there is just a few states left for approval and school is working on them.
- Feb 25, '12 by bsnwnabHi guys, for admissions requirement to the fnp program, does the RN license need to be in the state where I will do preceptorship? or can I have a license, for example, in New Mexico ONLY but will do my preceptorship in Nevada? Thanks
- Feb 26, '12 by canchaserBsnwnab, are you meaning like a compact state?? I think you have to have a license in that state even if it's a compact but I could be wrong
- Feb 28, '12 by debs17I will be starting NU 501 Nursing informatics in March. Do the course have exams and quizes or is it all paperwork?
- Feb 28, '12 by debs17LJames13
Are you currently taking Nursing Informatics? And if you are do the course have exams and quizes or is it all paperwork?
- Feb 28, '12 by bsnwnabQuote from canchaserno not compact state. what if i have an NM license and would like to do the preceptorship in nevada or california, is that possible?Bsnwnab, are you meaning like a compact state?? I think you have to have a license in that state even if it's a compact but I could be wrong
- Feb 29, '12 by norik95Quote from debs17dear debs17I will be starting NU 501 Nursing informatics in March. Do the course have exams and quizes or is it all paperwork?
there no exams or quizes. 5 units - mostly writing papers , discussion posts , and one final project ( can be paper or power point presentation and some other options)
APA format for all papers required , as well as for discussion posts..
you will be required to buy 3 books.. I also bought APA software on line called PERLA , which helps to format your references in text and within the paper.. you also have to be familiar with exel, word and powerpoint to some degree..
Good luck .
- Feb 29, '12 by debs17thanks you so much norik95.
The papers that have to be written is there a certain amount?
Can you tell me a lil more about the disscussion post?
Sorry for all the questions a little nervous.
- Mar 4, '12 by canyonforestJust finished informatics, the instructor was the best...overall am really pleased with Saint Josephs, thank my lucky stars to be accepted...appreciate all the posts here, especially for preceptors and clinicals...as far as I know, St. Josephs is approved here in Florida, unless anyone knows differently....Leadership is next starting march 31st.....onward....