Job Postings - where do nurses go to look for jobs?

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hi - It seems like there are a lot of jobs out there and many places to post resumes. Does anyone have advice on local or national sites that are good for nurses to search for jobs or to post their resumes? I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Specializes in NICU.

If you are looking at a specific location, then Googling "Hospitals in XXX" and then go to the individual hospital's website. If you have no preference then go to indeed.com, monster.com or careerbuilder.com. Keep in mind that not all hospitals post openings on the national websites.

Specializes in OR, Nursing Professional Development.

Chances are, you're going to find the most accurate list of open positions on the website of the facility doing the hiring. My facility (employs somewhere around 10,000) does not post anywhere but on the facility website. We had an open position for over a year and begged for it to be posted somewhere (the specialty organization's job listing site, indeed.com, etc) and they flat out refused.

In the old days, I once went to the public library and looked up the type of facility in the yellow pages of the phone books for the cities where I was looking. I wrote down the name, address, and phone number for each facility on a piece of paper and then took to the road with my little list.

Second all these suggestions. Have had luck with indeed.com too.

Does anyone use the Jobs section on this website? Nurse.com? Ziprecruiter? Liquidcompass?

Specializes in Nursing Professional Development.

If you are looking for a job in a specific specialty -- or for a leadership position -- you might try:

1. Looking in the journals/newsletters that serve those particular specialties

2. Attend conferences and/or professional meetings focused on that specialty. You can network there and then visit the web sites of the places people say are hiring. Some conferences even have bulletin boards where job adds are posted.

Specializes in Critical Care, ED, Cath lab, CTPAC,Trauma.
Hi - It seems like there are a lot of jobs out there and many places to post resumes. Does anyone have advice on local or national sites that are good for nurses to search for jobs or to post their resumes? I appreciate any advice. Thank you.
We have postings for positions here as well!

allnurses JOBS

+ Add a Comment