States requiring BSN for licensure?
- 0Jul 27, '07 by bbfreakWhat state(s) require a bsn for licensure? I know that Montana did up until 2003 when it was overturned.
Other speculated states:
NJ and NM
1. If someone could please tell me the states that currently require a bsn to be licensed that would be great.
2. What states have a requirement such as "have to obtain bsn by _____.
- 10,592 Visits
- 0Sep 28, '07 by RNsRWeQuote from bbfreakI know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it was "required until 2003"; the requirement was only short-lived before being revoked. In other words, ADN RNs were fine until legislation was passed that had the BSN-minimum as a requirement. And then it didn't last long.North Dakota required a BSN until 2003 when it was overturned.
Thanks for both of the replies.
- 0Apr 22, '10 by burkkNY and NJ are considering the "BSN in 10" which would require newly licenced RNs to complete the BSN within ten years. There are COUNTRIES which require a baccalaureate degree in order to practice nursing they are: Canada, Sweden, Portugal, Brazil, Iceland, Korea, Greece, and Philippines. Research indicates that levels of nursing education are associated with patient outcomes.