New grad with a job in a psychiatric facilityRegister Today!
- by naenaenurse May 15, '12Hi guys, I'm new on here and I am 2 weeks away from completing my degree! Since my first psych placement I've felt that it was for me and I'm stoked to say I have a job ready and waiting for me in a long term facility! So pls expect to see me on here asking advice or just expressing/venting my new experiences.
- May 15, '12 by AutymnNaenae - so awesome; grats on your upcoming position!
- May 15, '12 by Enthused RNCongrats! It's awesome that you got an offer as a new grad in the specialty you want! That's very rare nowadays so it's nice to see it still happening from time to time.
- May 15, '12 by PedsNP2b2013Good luck...that's great! is it CAPU? or adults?
- May 15, '12 by MeriwhenAwesome! Welcome to the dark side
- May 15, '12 by Been there,done thatBest of luck and congratulations.
I found psychiatric nursing to be extremely challenging.
It's easy to observe physical disease.. but psychological...requires another insight altogether.
- May 15, '12 by SUstudentGood job!Last edit by SUstudent on May 15, '12 : Reason: misunderstood post
- May 15, '12 by jtmarcy12Congratulations!!
- May 16, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNCongrats!!!!
- May 16, '12 by Nurse MaruCongratulations!
So happy that you got the position you wanted! It's always so good to see nurses come into psych with enthusiasm such as yours.