Who Here Has Worked Their Butt Off???
- 8Aug 1, '13 by J3w3lz88Who here has worked their butt off doing pre-reques???? I know I have!!! I started February 2013 that's when I did my GED and passed, right after did my accuplacer, and after that in March I started college off with ENGL and MATH the (basic one's.) Then Composition 1, Composition 2, Chemistry, and Psychology; I've passed all classes so far!!! Now am waiting for FALL going to do A&P 1, A&P 2, MICRO, Ethics, and a stupid Student Development Class. I plan on entering the Nursing Program in FALL 2014, but I believe these are all the pre-reques required for entering the Associates Program, so from Spring to Summer 2014 I'ma do my pre-reques for the Bachelor's. But I still can't believe my determination! From getting my GED to doing 11 classes in less than a year, wow I never thought I had it in me by the way, while dealing with 3kiddos!!! So post how hard you've worked too, let's inspire people!!!Last edit by Joe V on Aug 5, '13 : Reason: removed formatting
- 2Aug 1, '13 by ♫patiently_waiting❤Kuddos to you! You've accomplished a lot, glad you got your GED and continuing your education. I too have worked my butt off. Didn't think I would be doing as good as I have been. This upcoming fall I plan on taking A&P I, Econ, Lifespan Development, & World History. Spring '14 I will be doing A&P II, Micro, & Psych, and Summer '14 finishing off with Pathophysiology. I hope to start a nursing program Fall 2014 as well! Let's keep up the good work!
- 1Aug 2, '13 by lorirn2bSDV is an easy A, although you are right, it's stupid if you have been going to your college for awhile and already know where everything is and what to do! It's meant for students entering college from high school, but it's a requirement for everyone at my school too. Just look at it as a way to solidify that GPA! And good for you, girl! PM me if you need any advice, I've been in your shoes already, except the having little kids at home! Mine are all grown up!
- 1Aug 2, '13 by CowboyMedicI just started Summer '13 but have taken Dosage Calculations and Microcomputer Applications. I will have Speech Communications, Medical Terminology, General Cellular Biology, Intro to Nutrition, and College Orientation for Fall '13. I will have Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Anatomy and Physiology for Spring '14. I plan on being accepted into a 1 year Paramedic to RN Bridge starting Summer '14 and graduating Spring '15.
- 2Aug 2, '13 by 16mmKnocked out A&P I and II over 2 months this summer and got A's in both!! This Fall I'm taking Micro, Psych and Nutrition.I"m also going to start practicing for my entrance exam! Spring' 14 I'm taking Eng and stats and my nursing schools' entrance exam!! I plan to apply for Fall 2014! Did I mention I have 2 kids under 3 years old and I work part time!? I'm super proud of myself and all of us who's making this happen for ourselves! :-) Good luck!
- 5Aug 2, '13 by diamond.emmyYour story is so motivational! Just yesterday, my dad told me that I can't go to school because I have two kids to take care of and that I should have gone right after high school when I had the chance which was 6 years ago. I won't let his ignorant words deter me. After all, futhering my education is a positive thing for my kids as well. I registered for my classes yesterday and i can't wait to start the long journey ahead. Good luck to you!
- 2Aug 2, '13 by Cindy14Quote from diamond.emmyI have two kids too and I just finished my pre-reqs AND I'm almost 40 y.o. YOU CAN DO IT !!! keep focused and time management !!Your story is so motivational! Just yesterday, my dad told me that I can't go to school because I have two kids to take care of and that I should have gone right after high school when I had the chance which was 6 years ago. I won't let his ignorant words deter me. After all, futhering my education is a positive thing for my kids as well. I registered for my classes yesterday and i can't wait to start the long journey ahead. Good luck to you!
- 2Aug 2, '13 by ourgirlsWell, me and the OP almost have the same in common except i didn't do basic Math. I passed my GED and Accuplacer back to back and i started school this past spring; I took MAT 151,ENG 100,SOCIOLOGY,PSYCHOLOGY this past spring.
But what is so funny is that people will be saying since you didn't finish high school and because i don't have any knowledge in biology that it will be difficult to pass A&P 1 AND 2 in summer.Believe me friend, in summer 1, i took A$P 1 with statistics and passed and am also taking A&p 2 now with Eng comp 2. i have 100% so far in my anatomy,i haven't missed one question.My overall GPA 4.0 and lastly i migrated to USA last october. i cant believe i have done many things for myself since december and i have worked my butt off. I am so determined that there is nothing that can pull me backLast edit by ourgirls on Aug 2, '13