What class to take with Chemistry? - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 27, '12 by 7237dallasNow I'm back to feeling like I shouldn't take any class with Chemistry! lol Is it really going to be THAT time consuming?
- Oct 27, '12 by PennySYou can definitely take Chem with Psych. I just would steer away from the accelerated class. If you take the accelerated, are you going to try and squeeze a second accelerated course in the same semester? If no, then give yourself a little extra breathing room this semester...IMHO!
- Oct 27, '12 by PinkCupcakeI took sociology with chem and got As in both. Psychology and sociology are both fairly easy you should be fine with either
- Oct 27, '12 by onetallgirlWhat kind of Chemistry is it? Is it just general Chem? Our chemistry series was a combo of Chem/Biochem/Organic Chemistry, without a lab (the lab portion was in the second semester). It's tough because of the breadth of course material, but manageable. I took 8 units and manage a farm & work retail one weekend a month (sans kids).
If you have a lab, it will be tough, and stoichiometry sometimes gets students confused and lost really quickly if you don't have a professor that breaks it down. I took a General Chem years prior so it was easier for me, but a lot of my classmates didn't get it (one of which is taking a Gen. Chem again and FINALLY got a handle on the electron energy levels, in her defense our teacher glazed right over that subject!).
Also, to note, just because an online class is online, doesn't mean it's easy. Most teachers, and my personal experience, the class is way harder than anything you take on campus purely because they figure you have all the time in the world. I took a sociology class that was "intergenerational experiences" and it was tough. If you're able to plan it out, so that you are on campus at the same time with back to back classes. I'm taking Intro to Psych this semester with Anatomy and they end up reinforcing each other, and psychology is ridiculously easy with my professor.
- Oct 27, '12 by Cherry02I would take psych with chem. Maybe not the accelerated one since you work 40 hrs a week, but I don't think those 2 classes together will be a problem.
- Oct 27, '12 by 7237dallasThanks for all the responses ladies It's really nice to get feedback from people who have "been there."
- Oct 27, '12 by OwlieO.OChemistry is so easy. Honestly, it's a peace of cake. You should be able to get an A in chemistry with your hands tied behind your back.
- Oct 28, '12 by man-nurse2bIF this is your first chemistry class, i.e General Chemistry with lab and the never took chemistry like ever, I would take it alone. I seen many of my peers grades suffer by thinking Gen Chemistry was easy, for me it was, but I'm a geek and I took Chem in highschool. The easier course to take it with would be Sociology, Psy is doable but not accelerated, you would feel too swamped.