Taking Anatomy & Physiology 2 in same semester as Chemistry ? How to survive?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Taking Anatomy & Physiology 2 in same semester as Chemistry ? How to survive? in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I will be taking Anatomy/Physiology 2 in the same semester as intro to chemistry. I'll also be...by Hawkeye Pierce <3 Mar 20I will be taking Anatomy/Physiology 2 in the same semester as intro to chemistry. I'll also be taking english 1020(comprehensive writing), college algebra and philosophy. I usually get A's in english and Phil should be an easy A. How can I get A's in both Anatomy/physiollogy 2 and Chemistry? I'm taking Anatomy/physiology 1 now and am making a B because I missed the first test otherwise it would be an A. I also find that with Anatomy its easy for me to memorize. Like I'll have a 100 terms to memorize and I'll have them done in an hour, 2 tops. Is chemistry memorization? If you have been in this situation please tell me how you made it out alive. I don't have a job and I've already thrown away my social life this semester so those aren't distractions. Thanks to all who answer!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822793©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 460 Views
- Mar 20 by laurawish2bRNChemistry was not bad at all for me. The only bad thing was we only got 5 grades for the entire semester, so you have to make sure every test you do well. I took a lot of notes and studied for tests a lot and passed with a B, I was only 2 points from an A.
- Mar 20 by zoe92Chemistry is more of practicing (like in math) and a & p 2 is still some memorization but a lot of process learning as well (mnemonics will become your friend). If you don't have a job & don't procrastinate, you should be fine.
- Mar 20 by Medic/RN2BChem is easy! Im taking chem 8 weeks with a full 16 week Micro class and a very hard math class. ..if I can do it anyone can lol. I like chem because it is a bunch of math and formulas
- Mar 20 by MonecaChemistry was fun for me, although is a lot of work. Remember that anatomy is not just memorization and the same with chemistry if you memorize everything is not going to make sense for you. In chemistry you need to know the periodic table, and also you are going to use some formulas. Good luck
- Mar 21 by melc0305I am currently taking Organic chem and AP 2 together. Luckily, that is all I'm taking. I highly recommend using youtube, khanacademy, etc for chemistry. I'm finding them extremely helpful. I am great at memorization, but that's not really how chem is. It is more like math, where you have to know how to put the puzzle pieces together. Good luck!
- Mar 21 by ebinbrooklynMaybe prepare by pre-studying for the one you anticipate you'll have the most trouble in. Chemistry doesn't have a lot of memorization BUT there is a lot of math and having to work through formulas, which can be labor-intensive. MIT also offers 100% free coursework for their classes--there's been a few classes that I've had crummy profs and had to utilize it. Chem lectures: Principles of Chemical Science | Chemistry | MIT OpenCourseWare . Unfortunately they don't offer A&P but there are several similar things on iTunes like this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...gy/id590494419 . Also seconding Khan Academy! Or maybe consider dropping one of the easier classes--at my school that course load would be 19-20 credits!
- Mar 21 by wordsofmymouthI took A&P 2 and Introductory Chemistry in the same semester. (That particular chemistry course was for non-science majors [particularly for nursing], a basic combination of general, biological, and organic chemistry.) I didn't particularly love it. Yes, it is mostly memorization and practice, as a PP said. As long as you study both like you do other classes, you'll be okay. The only thing I didn't like was having two labs to deal with, but it wasn't too bad.
- Mar 22 by Medic/RN2BYou can do it it..im taking chem and micro and in my opinion micro is harder than ANP 2. Micro is just a lot of info in every chapter! I just stay ahead so I can work ahead a little...they are both online classes....and staying ahead helps a lot! Make sure you a lot enough time to study for both and you will be fine!
- Mar 22 by MultiTasker33Chemistry just takes some practice. It is an interesting subject and you should do well if you dedicate some time to it. For A & P I used YouTube a lot. Also, my instructor pointed out a note taking method called "The Cornell Method". This made a MAJOR difference in how I was able to study and retain information for that class. Here's a link to show what it looks like: The Cornell Note Taking System¬*¬Ľ¬*Homework Help Blog
Good luck! Hope this helps.