Struggling pre-req student
- 0Oct 30, '13 by Devotional82Hi everyone, just wanted to get some advice or experiences regarding completing pre-reqs in hopes of getting into a nursing program, i'm currently doing just that but kinda struggling with the pre-reqs, anyone is or been in the same boat?? Please help!!!
- 2Oct 30, '13 by PurpleLoverI struggled with Microbiology and Math 110 which is college algernra at my school. There were many times those classes brought me to tears, made me want to quit and had me questioning my sanity.
I wanted to be a nurse so bad though, I knew I could not let those classes stop me from chasing that dream. I was lucky to find out that my school had a tutoring center that was free and allowed me to get the help I need. I suggest you see if your school offers the same option.
Good luck and never ever give up
- 0Nov 1, '13 by HerringtonA friend of mine told me not too long ago (not about nursing, but it still applies): "If you want, then you must.". If your end objective is to become a nurse, then you must get through these pre-reqs. I'm in my first semester of them, so I'm right there with you. My future schedule is going to be pretty crazy because I'll be cramming a ton of classes into a relatively small amount of time, but I want this, and so I have to do so. Hope that helps...
- 0Nov 1, '13 by DadStudentPerhapsYes indeed, A&P had me up late many nights trying to get that "A". At times I questioned my sanity, other times I thought about withdrawing, and yet other times I felt the Instructor was giving us way too much to do every week. Sometimes I thought that "if I even manage a C I will be happy". Let me tell you, you got to take a break from your work, even if for only an hour, when those thoughts start creeping in. After that, just bury your head in your book and do your best. I experienced every negative thought possible, plus I lost my mom the first week of the Semester.... but I still got that "A". I don't consider myself any smarter than the next guy, if I can do it. ..... anyone can. Good Luck!
- 0Nov 1, '13 by ChipNurseNursing prerequisite classes are tough. A&P is a tough class and is considered a "weed-out" class. Same goes for microbiology. The things you learn during your prerequisites will be used in nursing school, so don't forget them. If you build a good foundation now, then you will be just fine in nursing school.