So anxious/stressed.Register Today!
- by Jonahyona Apr 6I've been taking microbiology this semester and I have an average around a B- or so. The last exam didn't go as well as I had hoped and we get the grades back on Monday. There are only a few exams left and I have been stressing out so much. In order to get into the nursing program here you need a science GPA (micro,chem AP1 & AP2 of a 3.0, which is a solid B.
I'm taking a chemistry over the summer which will likely determine whether or not I get into the nursing program. Math has always been a huge weakness for me and chemistry is a math-based science. So, if I spend 2 years and end up not making it into the program here because I don't have a 3.0 we get switched to a health science major. I don't even know what jobs one gets in a health science major and that isn't what I want to do. Worst case scenario is that I will have to try and transfer somewhere, or change my major and give up on nursing. I'm just so stressed/depressed over this.
- Apr 6 by csoultzJust study your little heart out you can do it! But seriously you don't know stress yet until you actually hit the nursing program!
- Apr 6 by debsgreysStudy hard!!Are you taking a crash chem course in the summer?? If its one of the "short classes" they are tough.
- Apr 6 by hodgieRNMake sure you get into a study group and don't be afraid to see a tutor every week (right from the beginning).
Make sure you find a teacher that other students have praised.
- Apr 7 by JonahyonaYeah, it's a 5 week course over the summer. I didn't really have any other choice.
- Apr 7 by lauralineYou should have a back up plan like apply to programs that don't require a 3.0 GPA. Then if you don't make the grade after Chemistry, at least you have something to fall back on. Just make sure you cover all your bases. Use all your options.
- Apr 7 by MommaTyYou can do it, study, study, study. My school is different all you need are c+'s in each science course (of course you want to do better because it's competitive).
- Apr 7 by Medic/RN2BQuote from JonahyonaGood luck! Especially if you are not good at math. You can do it just make sure you allow LOTS of time for chem. Im taking an accelerated 8 week right now and math is my strength. It is A LOT of work. Although mine is online. We have 2 labs a week at least one discussion board, 2 quizzes, 2 chapters to read, and 2 homework assignments due every week along with an exam every 2 weeks. The labs and homework are horribly long. Not to mention this isnt my only class. However every school is different as far as workload etc as you know. You CAN do it.. I cant even imagine 5 weeks! Good luckYeah, it's a 5 week course over the summer. I didn't really have any other choice.
- Apr 7 by Medic/RN2BAnd if you work really hard...you CAN obtain the grade you want we are halfway through and I have an A!
- Apr 7 by JonahyonaYeah, my backup plan is to transfer at the end of next year if I don't get accepted to the program.