Microbiology and ChemistryRegister Today!
- by JumpingIn Nov 28, '08I'm scheduled to begin Micro in Jan. I also have to complete chemistry. Would I be hanging myself if I were to register for Chem. also (same semester) and take them together? Kinda confused.
- Nov 28, '08 by Princess_M83Quote from JumpingInMy Cousin is doing this same thing in January. As long as the school lets you and you think you can handle if, I would go for it.I'm scheduled to begin Micro in Jan. I also have to complete chemistry. Would I be hanging myself if I were to register for Chem. also (same semester) and take them together? Kinda confused.
- Nov 28, '08 by Miss_Piggy.RNIf you are felling that you will do fine in chemistry I would say - go for it In my opinion chemistry is really easy (basic math) so if you did fine in math you won't have any problems with it.
You can try. If you will be felling that it is too much you can always drop the class. Of course when they will still give you 100% refund without W
- Nov 28, '08 by hiddencatRNI took chemistry before all the bio classes and thought it wasn't too bad. It really depends on how challenging the classes are at your school and how hard you need to work to do well in science and math. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with taking them at the same time though.
- Nov 28, '08 by soviyanaI agree with the others. I'm taking Chemistry and A&P right now and find the two compliment each other. Next semester (Jan. 09) is Organic and Micro. I'm trying to make my other classes easier (like Intro to Soc.) so I can concentrate on what I know will be hard, but not impossible. For my first semester back, I'm finding that all it takes is... time. Time to study, time to think, time to study, time to study, time to......
- Nov 28, '08 by JumpingIn:wink2:Thanks to everyone that responded. There's so much support on this site.
- Nov 29, '08 by lnewman128Quote from JumpingInI would NOT recommend doing BOTH classes at the same time...not to say it cannot be done; however, Micro will be A LOT EASIER if you take Chem first (most schools [like mine]) won't allow you to take Micro without Chem first as a prerequisite. You could try it and drop the Micro if it gets tough. The other thing is Micro is an essential class for Nursing so you will want to ace it for your transcript! If you do both, you may not be able to put the effort in that it takes. You will need the Chem for metabolic pathways (i.e. Glycolysis). Hope this helps! Good Luck!I'm scheduled to begin Micro in Jan. I also have to complete chemistry. Would I be hanging myself if I were to register for Chem. also (same semester) and take them together? Kinda confused.
- Nov 30, '08 by Jersey Nursing Girltaking chemistry first gives you a leg up on microbiology. many schools will let you take both at the same time. from the consensus at ocean county college (occ) in toms river, nj, chemistry and micro are not nearly as demanding as a&p i or a&p ii.
if you have already taken a&p ii then you can take both chemistry and microbiology at occ. both chemistry and microbiology can be taken totally online at occ with the lab kit being sent to your home for a "hands on" experience. everything is done on a micro-scale so it is safe and environmentally friendly. they brag that students are taking their pre-requisite science courses from states as far away as alaska and hawaii. the online chemistry course is actually taught by a nurse and students praise the course on rate my professor dot com.
here are the links:
introductory chemistry online: http://www.ocean.edu/academics/progr...stryonline.htm
general chemistry online: http://www.ocean.edu/academics/progr...tryionline.htm
my friend turned me onto online courses. she completed a bsn and is now completing an msn totally online. she encourged me to take my science pre-requistes online. it really helps if you have a full-time job and are a full-time mom!
jersey nursing girl