Medical TerminologyRegister Today!
- by emyaj Mar 21I'm registered for medical terminology next quarter and although I think it would be a great class, it's not required for my per-requisites. So, I'm trying to decide if I want to drop it or not. It seems like it would be helpful in learning other material down the line, but I'm not sure.
What does everyone think? Would it make learning my other pre-nursing and nursing classes easier?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=823028©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 328 Views
- Mar 21 by x_factorTake it if you can, it's not a hard class and it will give you miles of advantage, especially once you hit A&P classes. Medical terminology is not a required pre-req for my nursing program (because it's a class that's taken once you actually enter the nursing program at my school), however it is offered at my college for other programs that do require it as a pre-req, such as the sonography and paramedic programs. I took medical terminology in the past, and found it priceless. I already knew many of the terms in A&P that other students with no medical terminology background were struggling to grasp and memorize. It has made things go a lot smoother, so I highly recommend taking it if you can.
- Mar 21 by emyajAwesome! That makes me feel way better about taking it, thanks.
- Mar 21 by SopranoKrisI agree, take it! While it's not a required pre-req for our program, if you've taken a college level med term class, you're allowed to "comp out" on medical terminology the 1st semester of nursing school. If I'm accepted (won't know until April!), I'm definitely taking this in the summer, so it's one less thing to worry about when I'm in nursing school
- Mar 21 by wordsofmymouthI took it as an elective and loved it! Mine was online and it was fairly easy. Since then I have recalled a lot of the information as I read through my textbooks. It's great knowledge to have, and an easy A to help your GPA is pretty nice too.
- Mar 21 by Tyler626Such an easy class that provides an immense over any other student that does not take it. Thinks will be ALOT more clear for you. You would be dumb to not take the class. Go for it!
- Mar 21 by hodgieRNYou will actually be able to understand what you are reading and not spend hrs looking up terms. Reading a medical book while learning the terms at the same time can be frustrating. You will be glad that you did.
- Mar 21 by Carley77I'm currently taking It and wondering why this wasn't required long ago?! It's brilliant! I too am taking it online and would also recommend that!
- Mar 21 by runsalotI just read the text book. Why pay for it when you don't have too.
- Mar 21 by DivaLaJuicyI would take it. That class helped me out a lot and put me ahead of my game and class in my lpn program.